Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wireless Problem

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Sorry if this has been sorted out already, but when I play Wizard101 on my laptop, which uses Wi-Fi, and the Wi-Fi startes to fluctuate, it shows me in the game. However, even if the connection notification is yellow and the Wi-Fi fluctuates again, the loading screen comes up for a brief moment. When it goes back to the regular screen, all I can see is the my player and the place he's in. No XP bar, no Spellbook, no HP/Mana/Pet Energy crystal balls, no nothing! If I press Esc, the Controls page in the Spellbook "pops up", but I can't see it. The buttons work, but I can't see what I'm pressing. One time I did manage to press "Quit"; the same happened to the starting page except whatever button I pressed didn't work and I was forced to force close Wizard101. This got so annoying, I had to stop playing on my laptop and play on my mom's computer in the living room. Help please?

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I have had this happen to me on a wired network.

I have a theory that if someone casts a minion in a battle, sooner or later on you may have the problem you discussed. I call it the "No Interface" problem.

For example, it seemed to happen more when I hanged out with a Myth character who loved to use his minion.

Recently, I was in the Warehouse and an Ice person created a minion, then some two hours later, back in the Warehouse with another group of people, the "No Interface" happened to me. More interesting, it happened to both of computers; I run two computers, two accounts, two characters, one Life one Death.

On another occasion, I was in the Tree of Life area, at Kagemoosha (?) and the system went "No Interface", and as I remember the other person cast a minion.

I believe it also happened to me when I cast Sprite Guardian in a dungeon the Temple of Storms, but it has been a while.

In my opinion, if someone has cast a minion, before you enter an important dungeon, reboot your computer. Rebooting seems like a drastic method, but I have Wizard101 still have problems with texture mapping if I exit the program and restart; as if there is a problem with DirectX or with the video card. A reboot always solves it.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
I to use Wi-Fi. I can add afew things to what AkihiroHattori5 said. First, I get a small round pic down by the xp bar. The pic of a broken link in a chain. The next one is I sent all this to the techs and they told me that it was my net. I did all I can from my side but it still is not working right. I even tried the test relm. That didn't work either. I love playing the game but if it's not working I will stop playing. :-(

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Not that I'm accusing you of accusing me, but I NEVER use minions and I don't recall playing with anyone who casted a minion. You know, cuz I was there and a minion wasn't needed. I'm not very sure about this minion theory altogether though because there have been times I had just logged on and was just walking around and it happened.