Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wintertusk - Heal over Time bug

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Heal over time spells are healing way too much for the over time portion when used with heal boosting gear. The initial hit and spells such as satyr are fine.

Historian
May 01, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
Heal over time spells are healing way too much for the over time portion when used with heal boosting gear. The initial hit and spells such as satyr are fine.

if you are talking about spritely pets, i think the sprite that they cast is like the treasure sprite-50 first then 300 over time, so that would make it believable, 41% boost coming in, +sprite (TC or pet) and you get the traditional 99+550? over time

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
if you are talking about spritely pets, i think the sprite that they cast is like the treasure sprite-50 first then 300 over time, so that would make it believable, 41% boost coming in, +sprite (TC or pet) and you get the traditional 99+550? over time

No, I mean any heal over time spell (I don't have a spritely pet, but I have no reason to believe that isn't broken either) such as sprite or regenerate when you have heal boosting. For instance...

With the cosmic kris and stellar signet, there is a combined +40% outgoing and +42% incoming for a "heal self" benefit of +98.8%. The standard sprite spell heals 30 + 270 and with this boost (and no critical) it heals 60 + 537, or 179 per round. Currently, the initial heal is correct at 60, but it is healing for 254 per round or 60 + 762 over three rounds. Spells such as satyr, however, are healing correctly... still at 1706. Therefore, it is only a bug with the "over time" portion of heals.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
it looks like Heal over Time and Damage over Time have been restored to their original status of Boost/Resist on Creation and Application

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Johnist wrote:
it looks like Heal over Time and Damage over Time have been restored to their original status of Boost/Resist on Creation and Application

I don't understand what you mean by this. Perhaps I haven't been around long enough know what the original status is. Could you explain a little more as to what you think is happening?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Are you noticing this on yourself? or someone else? Because I have gear that now gives me boosts in healing, my hat, my robe, and my boots all give healing boosts. Plus the cosmic kris and stellar signet!

Before I got my gear, they healed at the normal rate, so I am not sure what you are seeing!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Further information for KI staff on this issue... it is applying the incoming boost twice on the "over time portion". In other words, it applies +98.8% to the initial heal, giving you 60, then +182.3% to the over time portion giving you 762 (254 per round). I hope this helps...

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Are you noticing this on yourself? or someone else? Because I have gear that now gives me boosts in healing, my hat, my robe, and my boots all give healing boosts. Plus the cosmic kris and stellar signet!

Before I got my gear, they healed at the normal rate, so I am not sure what you are seeing!

It happens when healing myself. I just tried it on my balance, using cosmic kris and morgantine signet (just to change it up a bit). That combination gives me +39% incoming and +37% outgoing for a total self healing boost of +90.4%. I used helping hands with a base heal of 50 + 490 over three rounds. The initial heal was 94 (about right) and the over time was 430 a round for a total of 1290. It should have been about 311 per round for a total of about 933. It shows that the over time portion applied the incoming bonus twice. I don't have any special gear, just the athame and rings, but I can repeat it with any of my wizards if I have both incoming and outgoing healing and I heal myself. I'll go try my son's account just to see if its confined somehow to me.