Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why we sorcerers use Judgement

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 17, 2008
A lot of times after a duel, I get asked, usually in anger, "Why do all balance Wizards use Judgement! It's cheap!"

I just wanted to let everyone know why balance people use Judgement.

Our attack spells, before Judgement, are Scarab, Scorpion, Locust Swarm, Sandstorm, and Spectral Blast.

Out of those attack spells, the only one that would do anything worth using would be Spectral Blast, which has a possibility of hitting 550 storm damage for 4 pips, which is 137.5 damage per pip. But, this spell also has a possibility of hitting 365 ice damage which is 91.25 damage per pip. It can also do 440 fire damage, which is 110 damage per pip. Throw in all of those shields that you might cast, as there is very likely to be a storm shield in there.

Situation:
You're a balance wizard with 10 pips total, a balance blade for 25%, a hex for 30% and a 22% boost from your armor! Your opponent has a 70% storm shield, a 70% fire shield, a 50% tower shield, and a feint trap for 70%,. Tell me this, if you were in my position, what would you use? Judgement or Spectral Blast?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
matvince90 wrote:
A lot of times after a duel, I get asked, usually in anger, "Why do all balance Wizards use Judgement! It's cheap!"

Our attack spells, before Judgement, are Scarab, Scorpion, Locust Swarm, Sandstorm, and Spectral Blast.

Out of those attack spells, the only one that would do anything worth using would be Spectral Blast, which has a possibility of hitting 550 storm damage for 4 pips, which is 137.5 damage per pip. But, this spell also has a possibility of hitting 365 ice damage which is 91.25 damage per pip. It can also do 440 fire damage, which is 110 damage per pip. Throw in all of those shields that you might cast, as there is very likely to be a storm shield in there.

Situation:
You're a balance wizard with 10 pips total, a balance blade for 25%, a hex for 30% and a 22% boost from your armor! Your opponent has a 70% storm shield, a 70% fire shield, a 50% tower shield, and a feint trap for 70%,. Tell me this, if you were in my position, what would you use? Judgement or Spectral Blast?

I also think you need to point out that Balance is the "think ahead" school. In most other schools if someone puts up a Tower shield, they clear it with a non-school wand, or a school specific shield (say storm) you semi-clear it with a myth wand and use prism, etc. Balance, with its general boosters, can't clear without using all their built up boosts.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
matvince90 wrote:

Situation:

Exactly!

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
I think most people already know the reason and are stating their dismay in a rhetorical fashion.

The facts are there are little ways to avoid judgement and many times if the health isn't high enough NOTHING works to deter a one shot kill.

Yes, even a tower shield sometimes isn't enough to stop a fully buffed judgement attack. I think people are mainly complaining about the unfairness of the design and not your choice of using the ability.