Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is only one of Wizards lagging?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
After this recent update, my Ice wizard only is pretty much unusable. He has lag spikes every 3-5 seconds and its very frustrating. Someone please help!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
JrLightning on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
After this recent update, my Ice wizard only is pretty much unusable. He has lag spikes every 3-5 seconds and its very frustrating. Someone please help!
change realms.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have not had the time to check all of my wizards on main account and the few I have had up and running have more lad than usual, but all 5 on my second account are experiencing a lot more lag than normal. Usually I have less lag on my second account so I don't understand this change.

I do know it is not excess items in my backpack because I keep it emptied daily.

I have also seen several comments in the game of other players having the same problems. I am sure some is due to older computers, but KI has in the past adjusted for those and I hope they do so again.

KI, please fix the lag.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I have noticed an increase in delays during which I see stuff being drawn that shouldn't be, and then it quickly disappears. Example: porting to a place (or exiting a WC shop) and I am shown walking with my pet, which then disappears and I'm on my mount. I am seeing more and more 'default' stuff getting drawn and then replaced. It makes me wonder how much unnecessary overhead is going on.

Prior to the updates I found Azteca very choppy compared to the other worlds. The Azteca common area is really bad, I hate going there. The gardening bug spells (48 and 96 hours) are so bad I have stopped using them on beds with 25+ plants.

In my experience it is very common for software developers to use the best possible computers and various hardware, internet connections, etc. Programmers love having the coolest stuff possible. Sometimes the sheer speed is used as a programming short-cut. Also less experienced programmers can simply miss programming flaws because of the speed.

Hopefully KI staff test using reasonable equipment that the mass public uses.

Happy Wizarding!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RottenHeart on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
I have noticed an increase in delays during which I see stuff being drawn that shouldn't be, and then it quickly disappears. Example: porting to a place (or exiting a WC shop) and I am shown walking with my pet, which then disappears and I'm on my mount. I am seeing more and more 'default' stuff getting drawn and then replaced. It makes me wonder how much unnecessary overhead is going on.

Prior to the updates I found Azteca very choppy compared to the other worlds. The Azteca common area is really bad, I hate going there. The gardening bug spells (48 and 96 hours) are so bad I have stopped using them on beds with 25+ plants.

In my experience it is very common for software developers to use the best possible computers and various hardware, internet connections, etc. Programmers love having the coolest stuff possible. Sometimes the sheer speed is used as a programming short-cut. Also less experienced programmers can simply miss programming flaws because of the speed.

Hopefully KI staff test using reasonable equipment that the mass public uses.

Happy Wizarding!
RottenHeart, Az was very choppy and I have not been back there since the updates. Not sure I want to with the lag I have been having even around my houses and in perfect realms.

I have also noticed more of the 'default' stuff. Even in the Pet games, it has become difficult and especially in the Maze.

I had my legendary Pyro in Avalon for a while yesterday and it was move a short distance then stall. Delays during battle are becoming more frequent. My main account has become really bad with the lag and it does not matter what world or realm any of those wizards are in. If I take a wizard into an area where a battle is in progress, my wizard comes to a stand still and it takes time to get past it or changing realms and hope for an empty one in that area. It is getting very frustrating.

Programmers need to make allowances for what the general public has available. With what Programmers have to work with, they are able to push through with the increased graphics where most players are having more and more lag. Most don't have the newest or fastest computers or the best DSL. Even ingame loading from one zone or location to another is becoming very inconsistant and taking longer. And that is in 'perfect realms'.