Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is my account always locked?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
If anyone has encountered this, please let me know. I went to enter the game and after the game refused to allow me to enter, I got the message: YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOW LOCKED, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO UNLOCK IT.

While I was filling out the word, account name and password to unlock it; I was thinking how I could understand their warning of being banned for giving out the key to my account, but am I gonna have to do this every time I enter Wizard 101 to play?

I love playing this game because it fills in the hours of the weekend, and because I think this game has the best graphics around.

Travis Beardust, Level 47 Myth Wizard

P.S., Would Wizard101 please consider restoration quests in the game, similar to those of the Zafarian poisoned lake, and the Wysterian Piggle Fount? I am sure I am not the only one that would like to see the worlds of the Malistaire questline restored to their former glories, sometime after gaining access to Celestia in the normal requirements. At least give it a thought, because after seeing Grand Chasm of the past: it would make an even grander game to give those five worlds restoration of the damage done, and give the defeated masters of these worlds a long deserved rest in peace.

Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
I always log on and it says" your account has been locked, to unlock it, complete this form below"

I didn't do anything wrong so why am I getting this message? Has this happened to others?

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
Hey Everyone,

So I got up Wizard101 this morning, and I put in my pass, and then...a little screen above my login said that my account was "locked", and you know how if you go online to get a free gift, it asked you put in those code things where it asks what the letters say? well that came up, and I had to reput in my password and username.

whats this about? Has my account been hacked or something? How can I stop this? Is anyone else having this problem? What should I do?

Thanks guys!

James LifeCatcher (Archmage Theurgist)

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I tried to login this evening and found a message stating that my account was locked. I have since had it unlocked, but I was never given a reason for it being locked in the first place. I checked my email, but received no email notifications. Is there anyway of finding out why I was locked?
Thanks

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
Well when ever I log into my account in the launcher it says its locked... So I unlock it and it plays like normal... But next time I get on it says its locked again.

Well my problem here is my account keeps locking every time I go to log into the game. Although I can still play after unlocking It is kind of a nuisance having to unlock it every time...

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Okay I just got my membership back and when I try to log in it says account locked then I have to like type this code and make sure it recognizes me. But whenever I unlock it I have to do the same thing when I log out and try to log back on. I have not entered any invalid passwords I don't wanna have to do this every single time. Also this happens when I am trying to log on this site too. Please help.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
"To err is human..."

Sometimes I mis-type my password. But I guess I have been human too many times. The last few times I tried to login, I was prompted to enter a verification code. I don't really feel like entering a verification every single time! "to forgive is divine."

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Ok so every time I log on to Wizard101, the test game, or even Pirate101, I click login and then a message pops up saying "Your account is now locked." Under that it says To unlock your account, please fill out the form below. I then have to enter some numbers or letters, enter my username and password and then enter my password again. What is happening?

Administrator
Have you been playing Grub Guardian before you tried to log into Wizard101 or Pirate101? If so make sure you shut the app down completely as the games think you are still logged in to your Grub Guardian game.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
grahambhg on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
"To err is human..."

Sometimes I mis-type my password. But I guess I have been human too many times. The last few times I tried to login, I was prompted to enter a verification code. I don't really feel like entering a verification every single time! "to forgive is divine."
I have been having the same problem and I haven't typed my pw in incorrectly.

I was concerned my account was trying to be accessed by another?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
This is happening to me on my accounts to. Idk why its going on but its annoying.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Wow. I didn't read this set of messages before I just posted a new topic about "Message Boards Login". Every time I try to login, I also get a message asking me to "confirm my account" by typing a special word. I don't play Grub Guardian, so that's not the problem. And I just turned my computer on this morning, and went to Facebook, and then to Wizard101. Not sure what is happening here, but it looks like it isn't only me.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
This has been happening to my accounts also and i dont even use p101 or grub with the one account.

Been going on for a few days now.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
"To err is human..."

I just posted a new topic this morning in the Halston Section, "Message Board Login?". I am having the same problem. Evidently we are not alone. I just found this post too, where a lot of others are having the same issue:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a4163ada2821013af1761c394d9b

(If "clicking" on the link doesn't work, you might have to do a "copy and paste" to see the info.)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
When I sign on to post at the message boards it asks me that - as of yesterday and when I try to sign on to Wizards it asks me that also. My concern is someone is trying to access my account and has not gotten the password correct yet?

I have not played Grub, I have nothing else running on my computer when I play Wizards.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Whoopsie! Sorry for posting in the wrong spot. Anyhow when I try to go to my topic, it brings me here, so that is no longer an issue.

My question now is: Do I need to sign completely out of the website before starting the game? (and vice-versa?) That is the only possibility I can think up.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
Have you been playing Grub Guardian before you tried to log into Wizard101 or Pirate101? If so make sure you shut the app down completely as the games think you are still logged in to your Grub Guardian game.
That would be the cause of my issue, grub guardian. Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Whoopsie! Sorry for posting in the wrong spot. Anyhow when I try to go to my topic, it brings me here, so that is no longer an issue.

My question now is: Do I need to sign completely out of the website before starting the game? (and vice-versa?) That is the only possibility I can think up.
It doesn't sound like logging on or off of something else is the problem. There are just too many people having the same issue (confirm your account, etc.).

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I had this happen this morning for the first time in over 2 years of playing. And no, I wasn't playing Grub or anything else. This happened after the new world went live. I'm assuming it's a glitch and hope it's addressed.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
I've been having the same issue and saw it the first time 2 days ago. I also do not play on Grubb Guardian. Today when I tried to log in, I didn't get the 'locked' message for the first time. I hope it's back to normal because it has been very annoying.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2012
catsrawesome on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

So I got up Wizard101 this morning, and I put in my pass, and then...a little screen above my login said that my account was "locked", and you know how if you go online to get a free gift, it asked you put in those code things where it asks what the letters say? well that came up, and I had to reput in my password and username.

whats this about? Has my account been hacked or something? How can I stop this? Is anyone else having this problem? What should I do?

Thanks guys!

James LifeCatcher (Archmage Theurgist)
the same thing happened to me!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
"To err is human..."

To err is human, yes... but to really mess things up requires technology.

This has happened to me before~ if you log into Grub Guardian or KIFreeGames, while playing Wiz or Pirate, you'll get booted from the game and a pop-up stating that someone else tried to access your account.

Slightly off-topic: does the new Captcha (random letters) feature have anything to do with this?

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Has anyone else had trouble with this?
I mistyped my password and had the CAPTCHA notice come up. When entering the phrase and putting in my password (in two places, the CAPTCHA and original) I could not unlock my account.
I had to log into the website to unlock my account so I could log into the game again.
Not sure if should go here or if it is a bug and should go in Halston's lab?

Professor? Is this just me or is this a possible bug?
Thanks,
pods

Administrator
This issue has been resolved.

If you still continue to see the message that your account has been locked, please reach out to our support team through email to support@wizard101.com and make sure to include the date and time you encountered this message.

community@wizard101.com