Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why cant i see my clothes?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I have been away from home and i downloaded it on my laptop and i cant see my wand,clothes,etc.why is this happening?????

Administrator
When you started out in Wizard101 on your other computer, you slowly downloaded areas as you progressed through the game. Just like those areas, you also downloaded things like new clothing and pets.

Now that you've started on a different computer, it may take a little while for all of that to download again, as it was only downloaded to your other computer so far.

Give it a little time and as you run around you will slowly download all the information that your new computer needs to properly display your character as it appears with all its fancy clothes and items. You can see from your backpack that you are actually wearing your most recent items, but they're just not displaying until they items are downloaded to your new computer.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
I can't see my person, not just my clothes. I went into the bazaar then came out not being able to see myself. When I went into battle on Unicorn Way to try and see if I could...I saw myself after the battle and was wearing different clothes, but then suddenly couldn't see myself anymore. I'm not on a different computer. What do I do?

Administrator
We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
I sent all that information, but don't understand how my computer would only have this happen for one person on the account and not everyone.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
hey that has happened to me all i did was turn on my computer and download it because i need to and i loged on to my wizard and i was completly invisible and now it is fixed

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Deathman, how did it get fixed? Did it just suddenly get fixed like it had suddenly happened? This has been a problem for a few days now and I don't want to play because I can't see where I'm going and run into the "enemy" without knowing it. Also, if I for some reason do appear because I mark my location and then port to it, I have weird clothes on, no wand, and sometimes can/cannot see my pet. hmmm....

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
I know you guys have a lot to work with for other people, but I'm really not able to play my fire person because I still can't see myself running or on a mount. To top it off, everywhere I go it's very "jumpy and skippy". I did as you had asked about putting on my gear one piece at a time and found it was the hat I'm wearing (Brady's solar cowl). Here's the thing...I spent a lot for that hat at the bazaar and would have to try and get more gold for a different hat. I'd love to do a quest or two, but every time I try going anywhere I get pulled in first thing because I can't see where I'm going.

I wanted to give up something for Lent, I didn't realize it was going to be this game. Oh well. If you get a change to fix it, please do. Thanks