Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why aren't you allowed to view/change the age of your own account?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2019
warning: salt

It's really annoying that I'm not allowed to see my own account's age despite the fact that I made it. I'm pretty sure I entered my age correctly aka above 18 and yet I can't access open chat. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if I could see how old my account's inputted age is yet for some reason they decide you aren't allowed to see your own age. I've made it up to dragonspyre which has taken a good 53 hours of playtime and I'm just realizing that if i want to be able to say numbers i'd have to create a new account taking the time to input my age correctly. thinking about it now im pretty sure i wasnt even given an option to select my age and if i was im pretty sure id know to enter my age correctly. after emailing support im told that i have to wait a few years before im even going to be allowed to access open chat. really this whole situation has kinda de-motivated me from playing the game currently, maybe il check back in a few years when im actually allowed to say how much health an enemy has left.

Administrator
Baarko on Jan 9, 2020 wrote:
warning: salt

It's really annoying that I'm not allowed to see my own account's age despite the fact that I made it. I'm pretty sure I entered my age correctly aka above 18 and yet I can't access open chat. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if I could see how old my account's inputted age is yet for some reason they decide you aren't allowed to see your own age. I've made it up to dragonspyre which has taken a good 53 hours of playtime and I'm just realizing that if i want to be able to say numbers i'd have to create a new account taking the time to input my age correctly. thinking about it now im pretty sure i wasnt even given an option to select my age and if i was im pretty sure id know to enter my age correctly. after emailing support im told that i have to wait a few years before im even going to be allowed to access open chat. really this whole situation has kinda de-motivated me from playing the game currently, maybe il check back in a few years when im actually allowed to say how much health an enemy has left.
Hi Baarko,

Thank you for contacting support to confirm. If they stated that it was going to be a few more years, they are going off the date that it was entered. Unfortunately we have to abide by strict COPPA regulations in order to protect players and ensure a safe playing environment.

If there's any doubt though of the communication, please feel free to contact support again to inquire: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game