Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

White Screen of Death!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Hello fellow wizzyz! I've been having a really really irritating problem ever since "Wintertusk" came out. My problem is, whenever I'd start up W101, white screen would pop up and i could not do anything. I bet most of you have encountered this problem or have seen this problem before. I've looked at all the solutions to this problem already. I've downloaded the latest display/video drive. So I don't get what the problem is now! Can someone PLEASE tell me a solution to this problem. You won't just help me with this problem, you'll help the whole W101 community. Hope for a solution to this problem ASAP!

Thanks for reading!!

Blaze BattleHammer, Level 60 Myth
Blaze GoldenBlood, Level 39 Balance
Blaze, Level 41 Storm

[EDIT]
This problem has now wasted 2 weeks of my 1 month subscription now!!!! I deserve a 100% refund for all this!!!

Administrator
Thank you for the information, however to properly assess why you are seeing this we need more information from you:

Please send an email to: support@wizard101.com.

Please send us:
->the account name
->the character name affected
->as much information about what you encountered as you can
->where possible, your DxDiag file (see below)

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your credit card information
The more information you give up front, the faster your ticket can be resolved.

What is a DxDiag?
A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Tickets can take up to 48 hours to receive a response and duplicate tickets can slow the whole process down.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jarey99 wrote:
Hello fellow wizzyz! I've been having a really really irritating problem ever since "Wintertusk" came out. My problem is, whenever I'd start up W101, white screen would pop up and i could not do anything. I bet most of you have encountered this problem or have seen this problem before. I've looked at all the solutions to this problem already. I've downloaded the latest display/video drive. So I don't get what the problem is now! Can someone PLEASE tell me a solution to this problem. You won't just help me with this problem, you'll help the whole W101 community. Hope for a solution to this problem ASAP!

Thanks for reading!!

Blaze BattleHammer, Level 60 Myth
Blaze GoldenBlood, Level 39 Balance
Blaze, Level 41 Storm

Many, many people are having this issue. I honestly don't understand why we are being told to email customer support. This isn't an individual thing since this issue has been reported since Wintertusk went live. This is widespread and completely annoying, and needs to be addressed by KI like now.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I experienced this too on my laptop in Northguard. (I know my graphics driver is the problem. My problem is it is up to date as I can get it. Replacement is not an option as it is an integrated card. Can anything be done on the Wizard101 level to fix this for those of us who can't do it ourselves?) I have never had a problem until the latest update. Megan

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009

Please send us:
->the account name
->the character name affected
->as much information about what you encountered as you can
->where possible, your DxDiag file (see below)

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your credit card information
The more information you give up front, the faster your ticket can be resolved.

What is a DxDiag?
A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Tickets can take up to 48 hours to receive a response and duplicate tickets can slow the whole process down.
Wow how do you REMEMBER all that? You must have a truly amazing memory....
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Administrator
Jarey99 wrote:
I have sent the email.

I'm having difficulty finding what you sent us
a) did you send it from the email address associated with your Wizard101 account and
b) did you receive a confirmation email with a ticket number? If so, what was the ticket number.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 07, 2010
I too have all ready done this and also reported it. Not only have I got the white screen, but now when I try to close out the program I get a windows error message. I think your programing some how changed enough on this update to not work with my version of windows but I have no clue how to fix that.

Administrator
If your screen turns white when you try to login or are in the middle of game play it is likely that your graphics drivers are out of date.

We recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for the latest video drivers, or you can update them yourself.

Once you get the updates try to run Wizard101 again.

Click here to learn more or to submit a ticket.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Ok first of all, this "white screen of death" isn't the real deal the real screen of death is called the blue screen of death you'll recegnise it when you see it.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Jarey99 wrote:
I have sent the email.

I'm having difficulty finding what you sent us
a) did you send it from the email address associated with your Wizard101 account and
b) did you receive a confirmation email with a ticket number? If so, what was the ticket number.

a) yes i did send the email associated with my W101 account
b) i did not receive a comfirmation email with the ticket number.