Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

whisper messages turning into public in duels

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
If I am typing out a whisper message to a friend and I am pulled into a duel circle, the message box I'm typing in disappears. (I don't like this, it should stay up.) After this, when I open the chat again, I see what the message I was working on, and it appears to be a whisper message, still. The recipient's name still appears in purple text before the beginning of the message. But it's not a whisper at all. The moment you press enter to send the message, it's public. Please fix this.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
When you get pulled into a duel at the same time you are trying to send a "Whisper", open the text line and then hit the "backspace" button and start over. The Backspace button will remove all that you originally typed.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
When you get pulled into a duel at the same time you are trying to send a "Whisper", open the text line and then hit the "backspace" button and start over. The Backspace button will remove all that you originally typed.
I already know this, and here's the point: This shouldn't be something I need a workaround for. It needs to be fixed. It really looks like a whisper message, which can potentially lead to some really embarrassing situations.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I agree with mezzoflage. The chat box should be an independant item on the screen unaffected by other game activities. Other game activities should not 'bump' you out of the chat box while you are actively using it.
I find it really annoying during battle when you are trying to quickly type instructions or info into the chat box and then (without realizing it) the chat box is no longer the active item on screen so you are typing in nothing except keyboard shortcuts, bringing up your journal, map, whatever. In the heat of battle this is frustrating.

This would be a really good thing to fix.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Have you ever tried to give a team mate a blade, shield, or a heal through a chat box? It does not work. You can't place that spell on a team mate as long as the chat box is in the way.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
Have you ever tried to give a team mate a blade, shield, or a heal through a chat box? It does not work. You can't place that spell on a team mate as long as the chat box is in the way.
This kinda makes sense. The game has no way of recognizing if you are trying to click on the chat box or a player under the chat box, so it defaults to chat box. Its up to the player to position the chat box in a location that does not cause trouble.