Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What new Minigames would people like to see added

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
73
My personal favorite would be a PacMan-ish type game with randomly generated fields of play so it is not always the same paths.

I would also love to see a Pin-Ball type minigame at some point too.

What other ideas do you have?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
24
I want to see a space-man game where you float to the goal and you have to avoid space rocks and other space debris.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
73
A "Space Invaders" style would be really nice to see. Make it a bit more randomized though with different barriers and different types of descending targets that might fire back at you with different rates and speeds depending on the target.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
If I didn't like Pac-Man twenty-whatever years ago, I probably still won't like it today. It's not that there's something wrong with it; I just didn't like it.

There have been quite a few Space Invaders knock-offs, so adding one more as a minigame likely wouldn't be too hard.

It would be funny if they put Missile Command in and then tried to explain to parents why warding off a nuclear apocalypse is appropriate for young children. I'm not saying they should do it; only that it would be funny.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
73
Quizzical wrote:
...It would be funny if they put Missile Command in and then tried to explain to parents why warding off a nuclear apocalypse is appropriate for young children. I'm not saying they should do it; only that it would be funny.


The Launching sites could be wizards with different spells they fire off toward incoming enemy wizard spells. You could have up to 3 Wizards that you command to fire using different keys (Z, X, and C) and the mouse pointer. Each of the 3 wizards casts a different spell that moves at a different rate (some faster then others) and each have a different explosion shape or effect to block/redirect incoming fire from the enemy wizards.

It would be a new twist on every world leader’s favorite video game.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
32
i would like something like a sequel to dueling diego. same controls, but you have to fight the opponent off the side or get rid of his health. kinda like a mortal combat type thing.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
14
A game a bit more like that jewel game or Puzzle Quest instead of the current version of Sorcery Stones. With the cursor the way it is it's been an exercise in frustration more than once.

A Tetris clone would be rather fun, I think. I was ever so sad when NeoPets deleted theirs.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
Tetris may have some copyright issues. It certainly caused a flurry of lawsuits between Nintendo and Tengen back in the 1980s.

You can make a game kind of similar to another game without running into copyright problems. Thus, veteran gamers will recognize Skull Riders as being Joust, Doodle Doug as being Dig Dug, and some lesser similarities between existing minigames and older games. But you can't copy the other game exactly; Dig Dug was based more on dropping rocks on enemies, and Joust didn't let you shoot fireballs.

The problem is that it would be very hard to make a game kind of like Tetris without making it almost exactly like Tetris. Tetrominoes are a canonical thing. Make it three squares instead of four and it's completely trivial; five and it's impossible.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
11
Some multiplayer mini-games would probably go over pretty well. Some games like Connect Four, the old Atari game Warlords and checkers/chess would probably be easy to have a Wizard makeover.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
2
I actually would like to see maybe a time management type game. Maybe something like running one of the shops? The shop keeper needs to run an errand, maybe help setting up a shop on another unkown world for a friend? So knowing that the players are very kind and always willing to help (for a price, hehe) they ask us to help! We could have to do things like fill orders, from simple dye jobs to putting together whole outfits! As an example it could be slightly like the games dress shop hop, fashion fits, or fashion dash. I give those examples just because its much easier (and shorter) to do that than to explain the game in detail, plus that gives people more room the expand or change the ideas.



Also I think that when the new housing comes out I would love to be able to have a garden, where I can grow things to sell so that if I want to buy a new house I can,lol! Maybe that could be another minigame but just based in your home area. It could be another time management game instead of the shop idea, or even both! For this game you would have to start from scratch, till the ground, put the seeds in, water, weed, really take care of the plants. Then after they are ripe you could sell them to a market or something, maybe the carts in marleybone? with levels you could start at easy levels and as they get harder you could get more money for your goods, and what you earn in the game you earn outright. or something. Some examples for this kind would be: farm craft, sunshine acres, or alice greenfingers.

I hope that these are at least good springboards for some more games! :D

Erin Rainrider

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
51
Enrwy wrote:
I actually would like to see maybe a time management type game. Maybe something like running one of the shops? The shop keeper needs to run an errand, maybe help setting up a shop on another unkown world for a friend? So knowing that the players are very kind and always willing to help (for a price, hehe) they ask us to help! We could have to do things like fill orders, from simple dye jobs to putting together whole outfits! As an example it could be slightly like the games dress shop hop, fashion fits, or fashion dash. I give those examples just because its much easier (and shorter) to do that than to explain the game in detail, plus that gives people more room the expand or change the ideas.



Also I think that when the new housing comes out I would love to be able to have a garden, where I can grow things to sell so that if I want to buy a new house I can,lol! Maybe that could be another minigame but just based in your home area. It could be another time management game instead of the shop idea, or even both! For this game you would have to start from scratch, till the ground, put the seeds in, water, weed, really take care of the plants. Then after they are ripe you could sell them to a market or something, maybe the carts in marleybone? with levels you could start at easy levels and as they get harder you could get more money for your goods, and what you earn in the game you earn outright. or something. Some examples for this kind would be: farm craft, sunshine acres, or alice greenfingers.

I hope that these are at least good springboards for some more games! :D

Erin Rainrider


I like these ideas. Anything that lets you make gold out of combat is fine by me. Also the more things you can create the better. Instead of cookie cutter crafting why not let you be an assistant shopkeeper or message runner?

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
73
LordMarshal wrote:
I like these ideas. Anything that lets you make gold out of combat is fine by me. Also the more things you can create the better. Instead of cookie cutter crafting why not let you be an assistant shopkeeper or message runner?


Maybe some form of crafting that invloves minigames! 8)

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
9
I'm going to sound like a nut but...

I would really love to see a "typing-game". When I was still in elementary school I would always love it when the computer game of the day was the ghost typing one....

You all know what I'm talking about!! It gives you a sentence and you have to type it as fast as possible and with as few mistakes as possible!

I would think it would suit the game because well... it's supposed to be something that Teacher's would suggest and typing skills are getting more and more important in the world.

(I can currently type over 100 words per minute and it really helps when you have a 12-page thesis essay due and all you notes and such are hand written).

Yes I am a nut, but I really like typing games...

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
20
Defender
Sep 15, 2008
136
My ideas, Space Invaders type game, and pac man type game



How about PvP Minigames like games like this could be it


Dueling Diego: Play as duelists fight eachother

Sorcery Stone & Potion Motion: Get more matches plays on the same board

Other: Higher Scores

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
73
AngelRosier wrote:
I'm going to sound like a nut but...

I would really love to see a "typing-game". When I was still in elementary school I would always love it when the computer game of the day was the ghost typing one....

You all know what I'm talking about!! It gives you a sentence and you have to type it as fast as possible and with as few mistakes as possible!

I would think it would suit the game because well... it's supposed to be something that Teacher's would suggest and typing skills are getting more and more important in the world.

(I can currently type over 100 words per minute and it really helps when you have a 12-page thesis essay due and all you notes and such are hand written).

Yes I am a nut, but I really like typing games...


I think you have a great idea here!

There are a lot of variants and possibilities with this. Possibly a spelling game as well to encourage something everything probably needs to work on at times. Something like Word Muncher comes to mind.

Basically we just need more minigames.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
17
I would like to see a game like the Wii game, Help Wanted. A meteor of some sort is coming, and you have to work for money. Then you buy defense items to destroy the meteor, or back it away.

This game might go on for a while, so I think it should be like an instance level: Friends can help you, and it wouldn't take as long!

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
73
Rabbits4ever wrote:
I would like to see a game like the Wii game, Help Wanted. A meteor of some sort is coming, and you have to work for money. Then you buy defense items to destroy the meteor, or back it away.

This game might go on for a while, so I think it should be like an instance level: Friends can help you, and it wouldn't take as long!


Having Minigame that can involve more then 1 person might be a lot of fun. There may also be some way to invlove PvP into Minigames as well for an added challenge.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
13
what about a game called "feed the gobbler" the goal is to take a food slingshot and shoot food in the gobblers mouth as you get to higher levels more gobblers come and if they get to you they eat part of you sling shott if three of them get to your slingshot thats game over