Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What kind ofglitch is this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I was battling the nirini family with my friend a couple of weeks ago and then allof a sudden i just got a friend request saying Accept
friend level 0? Then for some reason I accepted it and when i looked at my friends list there was no one new! KI have you ever discovered this bug because if not i really want it removed because it keeps popping up now and again.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
it happens to me but i think it is just somone asking you and it has not loaded yet just a guess

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
It used too happen too me a would get a request from a level zero with no school.I think its a loading error that person who sent you that request just started playing and made a wizard like 10 minutes ago.It stopped ever since i put on my not accept friend requests.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
One of the professors might check in here and explain it. My guess is that the wizard made the request and then quit the game, changed realms, and/or got disconnected. A staff member could clue us in.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I don't have that problem but, I do have another problem! About some months ago, I had a problem getting the fifth yardbird from Grizzlehiem - it wouldn't make the truppet sound letting me know that I found it. So I went back today to see if it would make the truppet sound and it didn't. It's giving me a headache and holding me up with the yardbird quest.

Please fix the problem!!!

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Babyhunt30 wrote:
I don't have that problem but, I do have another problem! About some months ago, I had a problem getting the fifth yardbird from Grizzlehiem - it wouldn't make the truppet sound letting me know that I found it. So I went back today to see if it would make the truppet sound and it didn't. It's giving me a headache and holding me up with the yardbird quest.

I have had to stand on a Zeke "find" for as long as 30 seconds before getting confirmation of the accomplishment. The "sound" is not the confirmation signal. The message "Fifth Yardbird Found!" is not the confirmation signal.

The only confirmation signal that counts is pressing "q", finding the yardbird quest, and manually verifying the yardbird for the geographical area you are standing still for 30 seconds in, is NOT listed in that quest anymore.

In fact, I have caught myself standing over a yardbird I had already found but did not know I had found - waiting for a LONNNG time for a message I had already gotten ... and will never get again ... lol ... no matter how long I stand there ... ;)

You may have already been given credit for the find.

Go to your yardbird. Call up your map. Note the area you are in. Call up the yardbird quest and see if there is a bird in that area listed. If not, you have already been given credit for finding it and the confirmation may have been "lost" in the lag, ie; dropped by the network.

There is also at least one area in Grizzleheim with TWO birds. Can't remember if it is "Beethoven's fifth".

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Babyhunt30 wrote:

Hmm check your quest list to see if you have already found the fifth yardbird

Dylan Darkthorn

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Supersekh wrote:
Babyhunt30 wrote:

Dylan Darkthorn

I have already checked my quest and the fifth yardbird is still there on my quest page. I know what i'm doing, It just there along with the others i haven't found yet. I didn't get credit for it yet.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
@babyhunt: Are you sure it's the 5th yardbird that you're looking at? Is it possble that you've already found that one, which would be why you won't hear the trumpet or see the "found" message? I wish I could tell you where the yardbirds all were, but I didn't keep notes.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Babyhunt30 wrote:
Supersekh wrote:
Babyhunt30 wrote:

Dylan Darkthorn

I have already checked my quest and the fifth yardbird is still there on my quest page. I know what i'm doing, It just there along with the others i haven't found yet. I didn't get credit for it yet.

Go to wizard101central.com. Do a search for yardbird locations and you should be able to find a thread that will give maps to show where each one is.
Some areas have 2 yardbirds and if you have never run the area before some of them are very hard to find.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
IvoryJade wrote:
@babyhunt: Are you sure it's the 5th yardbird that you're looking at? Is it possble that you've already found that one, which would be why you won't hear the trumpet or see the "found" message? I wish I could tell you where the yardbirds all were, but I didn't keep notes.

I'm not sure, it could be and it may not be. I'll keep looking for it and for the others. I just have those 3 to find.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
Babyhunt30 wrote:
Supersekh wrote:
Babyhunt30 wrote:

Dylan Darkthorn

Go to wizard101central.com. Do a search for yardbird locations and you should be able to find a thread that will give maps to show where each one is.
Some areas have 2 yardbirds and if you have never run the area before some of them are very hard to find.

Thanks, I will.