Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weakness spell with enemies

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
2
Ok, I am a level 45 death student, and i get really mad when i see EVERY ENEMY use weakness. It's a balance spell! and they use it all the time and it is bugging me very badly! I think that only balance ememies can use that spell so it would make the match more even... I hope you guys agree with me because it is getting very annoying!
all the best,
James Battleflame

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
65
Yes i getting tired of this too. Every enemy in mooshu cast this spell now and they hit you with it within 1-3 rounds of the battle. Balance mobs should only be able to use this spell. Tired of seeing this over and over and over and over in every fight.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
169
Yes it's aggravating, but it also motivates you to think more and use a higher level of battle strategy than the earlier worlds require. You can count on Weakness being available to most foes from now on, so you have to plan on either using an additional buff for your damage spells to counter it, or saving your blades 'til the last minute so you can use your wand to break the weakness during your build-up, or some other improvement to your usual routine.

Every world has one or more "hard knocks" lesson like this. Every time I notice that I have finally taken something in stride that used to drive me bonkers, I feel pretty great. I also appreciate the game designers even more at that point, 'cause I'm sure it's no accident that the story line taught me that new skill.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
119
You can break it with a wand...only to have it thrown back up immediately. It's use is far to widespread by the mobs and actually seems triggered by you casting a blade on yourself. I enjoy a challenge but having the power of my wizard reduced 25% every fight for every mob every time is getting old.


Defender
Feb 18, 2009
186
susume wrote:
Yes it's aggravating, but it also motivates you to think more and use a higher level of battle strategy than the earlier worlds require. You can count on Weakness being available to most foes from now on, so you have to plan on either using an additional buff for your damage spells to counter it, or saving your blades 'til the last minute so you can use your wand to break the weakness during your build-up, or some other improvement to your usual routine.

Every world has one or more "hard knocks" lesson like this. Every time I notice that I have finally taken something in stride that used to drive me bonkers, I feel pretty great. I also appreciate the game designers even more at that point, 'cause I'm sure it's no accident that the story line taught me that new skill.


Well said.....I agree with this comment whole heartedly. Yes, it's annoying but it's also the point. It's suppose to make things harder and I agree that the kudos should go to the developers of this annoyance. Just shows how much attention to detail and the mastermind behind the game there really is......

I personally think this is one of the best games out there today. It always has something to do, no matter what level you are-high or low, and it's got the challenge behind it.

Hunter SilverHeart

Hunter SilverHeart

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
339
LOL, this is my third time trying to post this because I kept getting logged out from taking too long. Anyway...

Dridsuzy wrote:
You can break it with a wand...only to have it thrown back up immediately. It's use is far to widespread by the mobs and actually seems triggered by you casting a blade on yourself. I enjoy a challenge but having the power of my wizard reduced 25% every fight for every mob every time is getting old.



I think you are right. They usually cast Weakness only if you have a blade on yourself. Sure, every once and a while they will use Weakness for no reason, but this is mostly the problem. My level 35 ice wizard, Sierra Winterbreeze, doesn't have her blade yet, so she doesn't get Weakness on her nearly as much as other wizards.

Ok, so we're motivated by this. But really, this is way too much. I do agree that this teaches new skills that we can use in even higher worlds (like Dragonspyre), but by now I'm tired of learning. At least make it so that maybe every enemy can only cast Weakness once unless they are balance. Or better yet, completely limit it to balance!

Another spell that I've noticed a lot of monsters use is Balance Blade. At least that's what I think it is called. It boosts your spells by 25%, so it is basically the exact opposite of Weakness. I have seen ice and myth monsters use this, and sometimes others as well. This is almost the same thing.

So what I'm asking is please please please please do something about this! It is extremely annoying, and I can't stand it anymore! It takes part of the fun of dueling out.

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
65
gnreno3 wrote:
susume wrote:
Yes it's aggravating, but it also motivates you to think more and use a higher level of battle strategy than the earlier worlds require. You can count on Weakness being available to most foes from now on, so you have to plan on either using an additional buff for your damage spells to counter it, or saving your blades 'til the last minute so you can use your wand to break the weakness during your build-up, or some other improvement to your usual routine.

Every world has one or more "hard knocks" lesson like this. Every time I notice that I have finally taken something in stride that used to drive me bonkers, I feel pretty great. I also appreciate the game designers even more at that point, 'cause I'm sure it's no accident that the story line taught me that new skill.


Well said.....I agree with this comment whole heartedly. Yes, it's annoying but it's also the point. It's suppose to make things harder and I agree that the kudos should go to the developers of this annoyance. Just shows how much attention to detail and the mastermind behind the game there really is......

I personally think this is one of the best games out there today. It always has something to do, no matter what level you are-high or low, and it's got the challenge behind it.

Hunter SilverHeart

Hunter SilverHeart


No this does not make the things harder. Just makes thing longer. It not an annoyance it just plain boring. Oh look another -25% yea like i did not know that was going to happen. This drag out the fights an extra 5 mins.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
2
Thanks quys for all your replys! I like when people agree with me about these problems! :DKeep posting! I will take your advice well!
All the best,
James Battleflame