Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wand Stiching?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I need some help from you people. I am about to craft my crescent axe of the astrals aka the new lvl 70 sword and stich it too my staff of typhoons. Just one question, if I stich these together, will my staff of typhoons be held in the same way my crescent axe of the astrals was held and attacked with?

Thanks. :)

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
It's hard to say, I have stiched quite a few wands and for the most part it works like the wand that you have the appearance of, but when you do a "wand spark" it works like the one that gives the stats. I stiched some of those crazy-looking "crab claw" wands into simple wooden staffs and you jump out into the middle and swing your staff around instead of just waving your staff.
The MOST disappointing was when I stiched a snake charmer's flute (the one that plays a tune when you cast) to a bow & arrow from a raven hoard pack. I got rid of the annoying tune but also lost the "shooting an arrow" action that made the bow so cool.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I answered this question a while ago, although it's hard to find by searching.

When you stitch two wands, staves, or blades, you end up getting this:

1) The one you stitch under "Appearance" is what your wizard is shown holding.

2) The one you stitch for stats gives you the damage AND the animation.

I stitched a staff-appearance to a sword-stats, and it looked like a staff, but it acted like a sword: the wizard went to the center of the circle, spun, and struck the enemy.

I stitched a sword-appearance to a wand-stats, and it looked like a sword (as in the previous post), but the sword was used as a wand (waved).

Here is the full post:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/41696.ftl#233928