Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Video frame lag and re-downloading on-screen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
Hey Wizards of the spiral.
Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same problems I am. This all started after the 1hr maintenance before the patch that brought in Zafaria.
First off "frame lag" turn left or right and fps drops from high 60's to 1 - 3 fps, come into a room or open area, go from high 60's to 10fps and npc's / mobs / other players look like the wood golems and objects are boxes, i see on my top left screen i am downloading the "skins, Animations, etc" for everything when I should have them already, been playing this game over a year or more.
If I exit game and re-enter in the same zone it all starts over again, its like the content hasn't been saved to hdd.

So I can hear ppl thinking what are the specs. Needless to say pretty good. Windows 7x64, AMD 1090T Black Edition x6 64bit, 8gig ram, 1tb drive, 500gs free, dual Asus ati radeon EAH5750 Formula1 vid cards X-fired, 1200w psu to juice it all and all drivers up to date etc, I'm no dummy.

Now experimenting I can play Star Trek Online in max settings along with Anarchy Online and WoW at the same time with Wizard. Tabbing thru STO WoW n AO, no problems all nice n smooth, tab to Wizard, same problems as described above, so no dissen the hardware.

I've setup multiple profiles for wizzy via the amd vision software from high performance to high quality, to default with minor tweaks and overclocking and nothing changes the problems I am having.

So i took out a vid card, I can play STO WoW and AO in high specs at same time, when tabbing it takes a few seconds for draw lag but after that no prob, tab to wiz, same problem.

I've assigned 1-2-3 or all processors to the game, nada difference.

Only thing left is to delete, clean and reinstall, no biggie for me.
Yes i run cleaners, Yes I defrag, Yes i turn off unnecessary crud in the background, not a dummy remember.

Now I move to my wife's pc who also plays wiz, AMD Athlon x2 couple gig processor, 3gig ram and a Asus En8600GT 1tb hdd Win 7x64 750w psu she has no problem.
Then there is my kids pc's all running Win7x64 with AMD x2's 3g ram 500gs hdd Ati Radeon HD 4000+ series vid cards with 500w psu's and no problems either.

So what up with mine?

Anyone care to share some idea's

Cheers

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
Anyone have some thoughts behind this?

My wife loaded her account on my pc and she didn't have a problem at all, now that's just messing with my head.
I decided to beef up all the settings to max and not once did she experience any frame lag or have to download any content on demand.

She logged hers out, I logged mine in, problems returned.
Starting to go bonkers over this.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
Hi,i am sorry to say i have been having the same problems on my Compaq,but with Vista. My problems also began same time as yours. I have only been told to change settings,but i have tried all that you mentioned except removal of video card. I believe this is truly some kind of product/developer/program deficiency. Which is a shame because i like to play this game with my teenage daughter and its been very frustrating lately. Am i supposed to get a new laptop every time they make major changes? Not feasible. Good luck to you and wish i could have been more helpful,but at least you know your not the only one!