Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Using shields..

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2010
Hello,
I am new to the game , about 5 weeks now. Currently at level 47 death wizard.
I have been enjoying the game a great deal , my biggest obstacle right now is creating the best deck and clothing before each battle. 99% of the time , I am fighting bosses alone. So I try to prepare the best I can.
I like to use shields , lots of them. One problem for me is when I am fighting 2 or more bosses at once. For example yesterday I was fighting two storm bosses , I had two -85% shields up. When the first boss hit me , he used both of the shields. took -85% , then took another -85% of what was left. Then it was the second storm boss's turn , and I got hit hard.
This doesn't happen all the time. Occasionally I can run multiple of the same shields and a boss will only take one in a round. but sometimes he takes two.
What causes this and how can I prevent it ? I am wondering if it might be that I am using a shield card from my deck , and maybe a shield card of the same that came from an amulet? Not sure if this is happening or not.

Hero
May 19, 2009
I've had the same problem before but in pvp. Sometimes a single attack will use 2 of my tower shields.(no, one is not a treasure, both are exactly the same) But its very rare its only happened to me about 2 or 3 times.