Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unwanted Porting

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I know this subject has been brought up many times and I have participated in many myself, but this is a real problem.

The unwanted porting on people is a big problem. Please don't tell me that the port may be turned off, because I am aware of this and do keep mine off. There are, however, times when I need it on for friends to port to assist with battles.

I have 2 accounts and was playing both of these wizards to fight Malistaire. It is much more easier to allow one to travel and the other to port. This is one of the times I need to keep it on. While I was in the dungeon a low level wizard ported to me. When asked to leave, she called me a name.

I have lost battles because of someone porting, dragging in another creature and than fleeing. Had my kill taking away because someone ported on me when I was nearly finished.

There should be an option like the friends option, that states " (Wizard's Name) would like to port. Allow or Dis-allow/Yes or No/Accept or Not." Something, so you don't have to turn your port on and off each time you need someone to port.

This a desperate cry to KI to do something about the porting.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
If these "friends" haven't got the courtesy to ask first before porting then just delete them.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Delver
Sep 18, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
I know this subject has been brought up many times and I have participated in many myself, but this is a real problem.

The unwanted porting on people is a big problem. Please don't tell me that the port may be turned off, because I am aware of this and do keep mine off. There are, however, times when I need it on for friends to port to assist with battles.

I have 2 accounts and was playing both of these wizards to fight Malistaire. It is much more easier to allow one to travel and the other to port. This is one of the times I need to keep it on. While I was in the dungeon a low level wizard ported to me. When asked to leave, she called me a name.

I have lost battles because of someone porting, dragging in another creature and than fleeing. Had my kill taking away because someone ported on me when I was nearly finished.

There should be an option like the friends option, that states " (Wizard's Name) would like to port. Allow or Dis-allow/Yes or No/Accept or Not." Something, so you don't have to turn your port on and off each time you need someone to port.

This a desperate cry to KI to do something about the porting.

I have seen this problem everywhere but no solution. Thank you for it. It seems like everyone does it for malistare. Thats why i only have master and grand friends.

Robert SpellShield Level 50 Pyromancer

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
For all those who suggested that I remove them off my friends list.

Do tell me how I tell someone with menu chat that they should ask prior to porting. Do you suggest that I don't help the children that play on this game, because there are no options in menu chat that states please ask before porting. Is that fair to them or me, for I do have some excellent children players as friends.

If KI can come up with a boot solution for evicting someone one from your home, I don't see why my suggestion to have an accept or not accept button be any less meaningful. It would only enhanced the game, not make it more difficult.

I don't like having to turn children away just because I can't tell them not to port to me without asking first, maybe that is your style or maybe you don't have kids, but it is not mine.

All I am asking is the same thing that is offered for the accept friends or not. I don't see how that is considered to be rude.