Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unrealistic Reporting of Players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
People should not report people for no reason.
It is just plain weird.
You need to report them, if you can, for false repoting you.
"This player has reported me for doing nothing bad at all, exept defending myself"

You defended yourself, telling him what he just did was wrong, and name calling, too. He might have a grandmaster, but you might be more powerfull or stronger!

Take action in false reports. Don't sit on the side. Don't be afraid to report people. If they are hiding curses in there words, just changeing it up a bit, then you need to report. Inapropriatness, bad language, name calls, report it. If you think it is false, then give them a chance. More bad language? Time to talk.

Wizard101 is a safe community, so keep it that way.

Hannah Dragonsword, level 39 fire thx hannah, i feel a little better now but i still think that guy was really mean :x well at least he is prolly gone now

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
Hello. I came here to address a situation where I have been reported today twice in a row when I specifically did nothing wrong. I was asking could I go to Marleybone in the commons with a friend of mine and I got reported. I was mad and sad at the same time wondering why would someone report me. Then I tried asking who reported me and they report me again. Please do tell me that I will not get in trouble if the staff or moderators look into this for me. I have already gotten a ban earlier in the year and do not wish to get this account banned either.

Steven StarDust: Level 23 Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Once I was booing the life school lol. And some wizard comes and says life rules. I'm a death wizard and my school is in a rivalry with life. So I tell him life's no good and he goes away. I continue booing. He reports me for idk what. I researched the reportable offenses and I did nothing wrong.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
I reported this person for saying bad things that he wanted to do with a girl.
He also used coded profanity. When I reported him he reported me for false reporting. Kingsisle what happens to you if you false report someone?

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
If you didn't commit a reportable offense, you have nothing to worry about.
If you send in false reports, action can be taken on your account.

Everything you need to know on this is covered in the FAQ and Knowledge Base on the site here.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
What is strange is that when someone gets reported for bad language, they are like "i didnt do anything" UM, we just saw you cuss. Like about a few weeks ago, I was fighting this person in pvp and she cussed and I reported her and guess what, she was like "i didnt do anything" UM, we just saw you cuss! Just wanted to add that in. LOL

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
DokkenShang wrote:
I've been playing for a while and just a few days ago was reported for the first time. I was using my Death Grandmaster and standing in the commons when a low level player, most likely a new player, came running up to me and started yelling "DIE" and the likes. I suppose it may have been my Death school pet but he was also charging into me and backing up then charging into me again. I moved out of his path after the fourth or fifth time and said "You aren't going to make any friends that way." He stopped charging me, told me "That was mean" then reported me. I thought the whole thing was so funny I wanted to share it here.

Anyway I was nice enough to explain that what he did was false reporting and he could get in trouble if he keeps doing that. So ya, I know how it feels and it is annoying to put it mildly. Just try to handle it the way I did by correcting the person nicely as they may honestly not understand the rules of reporting. If nothing else just change servers and be done with the whole incident.

Dude some people are ultra religious and do not like the Death school. You have to tolerate it like me. It's just plain funny sometimes and just plain annoying.

William Nightcaster
Level 26 necromancer

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Someone has reported me for no reason too ( although it was on a different website) when the kid who was reporting me was cursing! I was totally annoyed. By the way, I am not an adult

Olivia Angelblossum,level 46 life wizard
Saffron Deathwalker,level 11 death wizard

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I'm a lvl 48 and I do NOT pick on lower lvls IM SERIOUS PERIOD.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
toonenough wrote:
I'm a lvl 48 and I do NOT pick on lower lvl's and I do not have chat but in the past, I've gotten reported TWICE and I got this icon You Are Banned, and I've done nothing bad, and I got banned, so I quit wizard101- period.
Dude you don't have to pick on people to be reported. Just saying foul language gets reported and banned

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
As a parent, I am astonished at the language I see in Wizard 101. I have reported people numerous times for typing the most obscene things. I have had people swear at me for not friending them and trading, for not gifting a mount or a house, for not healing them at precisely the right moment and because I am just standing there. My son has been sworn at, called names and verbally assaulted, as have quite a few of my friends. My hope is that KI monitors this, and realizes that the perpetrators are usually tweens and teens. I have many adult friends in the game, and we never swear. To a kid, it's taboo, it's fun, it's breaking the rules. Hopefully, these players will be reported enough that they are banned, and the language within the game can improve. :(

Administrator
Keep in mind, young Wizard, you as a parent have opted IN to the 18+ chat, which is only filtered for vulgar profanity. Most players cannot see this chat, but you can because you have opted in to that level of chat.

If you do not wish to see that level of chat, you can opt out of it again through the My Accounts section of the website. I suggest you do the same for your child if you do not want them to see that kind of language. The 18+ Open chat is 18+ for a reason, and this was added in response to our players requesting a more free chat system for adults, but please keep in mind, only players who are 18+ and have verified this with a credit card are able to use the Open Chat.

We do read each and every report, and we are diligent when it comes to banning or muting those who have violated the Terms of Use. Thank you for doing your part by reporting those who circumvent the chat filters in place.

From our Player Guide:
18+ Open Chat allows players a more open communication environment with other 18+ players.

This chat will be filtered for profanity. In this channel, when players type their text they will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means only 18+ can see it, and red is completely filtered.

This chat feature is in response to our community's requests. To ensure the highest level of safety, we have chosen to provide this for our active Subscriber community only.

Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

Accounts must be verified as 18+ through a valid credit card on file with Wizard101.
Loreis04 wrote:
As a parent, I am astonished at the language I see in Wizard 101. I have reported people numerous times for typing the most obscene things. I have had people swear at me for not friending them and trading, for not gifting a mount or a house, for not healing them at precisely the right moment and because I am just standing there. My son has been sworn at, called names and verbally assaulted, as have quite a few of my friends. My hope is that KI monitors this, and realizes that the perpetrators are usually tweens and teens. I have many adult friends in the game, and we never swear. To a kid, it's taboo, it's fun, it's breaking the rules. Hopefully, these players will be reported enough that they are banned, and the language within the game can improve. :(

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
i have been reported once . if KI was really reading the chat and text they would not send out any notices to people until they read the logs . i find it very rude of KI to send out notices of reports before they have checked the logs .
it only takes a second for the notification of the report to pop up . there is no possible way KI has read the logs in those short seconds .
False reporting is a huge problem . people doing this should be banned for life on the first offense . .

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
risen2011 wrote:
toonenough wrote:
I'm a lvl 48 and I do NOT pick on lower lvl's and I do not have chat but in the past, I've gotten reported TWICE and I got this icon You Are Banned, and I've done nothing bad, and I got banned, so I quit wizard101- period.
Dude you don't have to pick on people to be reported. Just saying foul language gets reported and banned
was a old post. I didn't really do it. I just quit Wizard101 and came back.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
lizardmaster12 wrote:
yeah that also happened to me i started a new character and then when i went into a battle with another guy with text chat he was level 1 ice and when i came in the battle he said: Hello NOOB and then i said: what? and then he said: i have a grandmaster character you noob and then i said: thats mean and then he reported me and then ran away he false reported me

that was probably some rude little kid. do you have a grand? i bet if you told him, he would've stopped calling you noob. i cant believe how IMMATURE people are today. what happened to manners?

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
risen2011 wrote:
Once I was booing the life school lol. And some wizard comes and says life rules. I'm a death wizard and my school is in a rivalry with life. So I tell him life's no good and he goes away. I continue booing. He reports me for idk what. I researched the reportable offenses and I did nothing wrong.

your right, that wasnt a reportable offense. but USE YOUR HEAD PERSON! you were asking for it. stop dissing peoples schools! i'm death myself, but i second in life, who cares that its the opposite of death? thats why i changed it from storm to life in the first place. booing schools for no reason is just as immature and childish as false reporting. hopefully you've learned something from that (But you most likely didnt).

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I know. Once i was joking around with a fake bear who didnt do anything and one of my friends told some girl that i was talking to her. I forgave him but we need like a limit or something. That and also in messaging i want to use number but i dont want to give out personal information. Is there a way we can check that.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
You can't pin the blame on kids. Most kids don't even know cusses. Neither me nor my brother have ever sworn, in game or in real life. I find that most adults are the ones who do so. I am a kid anyway!

Emily Dragongem~ Level 53 pyromancer. Head of the Wizard101 police

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
agreed. i've been report like 30 times in this game and some reason i dont know why. get this someone reported me today cause they thought i reported them and i didnt.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
dream2dust wrote:
What about the kids who spam "I need a boy" or "I need a girl"? Should we ignore or report them? As an adult player, it's extremely uncomfortable to have a child run up to you and call you baby/hott so the majority of the time I just click the ignore button... but I have reported a few of them for saying derogatory things or spamming the chat asking for dates.
Ya, something needs to be done about that, its annoying when a girls comes up to me and ask "want to be my boy friend" I dont date online because you dont know who that person is in front of the computer. It can be anyone.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
you know people get reported for no reason all the time like in the test realm i got reported for three times but i didnt do ANYTHING i like to think that you guys are doing that but it doesnt seem true cause of all the reporting its just no fair one time i heard kids know a CODE to report people for no reason just turn the thing off cause its no fair to the players that ARNET doing anything i would really appritiate it thanks :?

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
If I may add my two cent, Do not be disheartened, my friend. Good manners and breeding will show through every time. I do find it ammuseing that some words are automaticly deleated, and others fly through. I could say I need a Boy. (which I absolutely would not) But try and say you need a decent cup of Earl Gray tea. Most amuseing. Carry on and forge ahead.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
This is a little tip for everybody out there. If someone gets mad at you and says that they work for KI and can ban you forever, just say "prove it." Mr. lincoln said a while back that every employee that works for KI has a badge that ONLY people that work at KI can receive. If they can't show you the badge, that means that they are lying and can't do a thing.

Taylor Lifebringer
Level 54 Life

Administrator
Hello!

So right you are pikachuace3! Anyone claiming to be a KingsIsle admin. has a badge. Anyone stating they can ban, mute, sanction your account will either be showing the badge or outright lying (note: we don't give long wind chats about "I'm gonna ban you" while trying to get around a chat filter, etc" . .) if the situation warrants, we just sanction > THEN we'll let you know why).

All that said, please be sure to report any player you find threatening to sanction your account (or any others) - you're welcome to follow it up with an email too - these folks spoil the game for all and we're quite keen to ensure they are introduced to a "real" admin.

Remember, do not engage with rude wizards! If they're breaking the Terms of Use, report them & change realms. If they're just not being nice or saying something you don't agree with - "Ignore" and change realms.

Eventually, those bad seeds go away when they can't get anyone to fall for their bullying & bluster - it's your game & your choice - use your wizardly wisdom!! (And really, truly, have you ever gotten into an argument with someone in game & had it end with someone saying, "Wow! You're so right! I don't know what I was thinking, let me change my ways immediately! Thank you wise worded one!")

Lastly, no Lizardmaster12, reporting someone for false reporting is not adviseable, it just places your name on the list for false reports too. "If they are hiding curses in there words, just changeing it up a bit, then you need to report. Inapropriatness, bad language, name calls, report it. " is correct.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
Well, reading this, it clearly says this kind of chat is for adults 18 and over. If a verified adult wishes to exchange email addresses with another verified adult, how in the world does that affect the safety or the experience of children. Humans are social creatures. They WILL form groups. You don't define personal information - for example, I have a public email address and a private one. Which is personal? You mute adult players for ten years (overkill for sure) for talking about their email addresses, and you say it's to protect kids. Very arbitrary, very much left up to them whim of whoever is reading the text. If email is exchanged in private chat by two adults who are paying your fees and are your customers, I'm having a deal of trouble understanding how that's equitable. Have heard KI bans players if there is a difference of opinion between player and KI. I wonder if, as you continue to grow, you will need to rethink some of this. If you promote the game as the kids game that also engages adults, you may need to treat verified adults as adults.

Professor Greyrose wrote:
Keep in mind, young Wizard, you as a parent have opted IN to the 18+ chat, which is only filtered for vulgar profanity. Most players cannot see this chat, but you can because you have opted in to that level of chat.

If you do not wish to see that level of chat, you can opt out of it again through the My Accounts section of the website. I suggest you do the same for your child if you do not want them to see that kind of language. The 18+ Open chat is 18+ for a reason, and this was added in response to our players requesting a more free chat system for adults, but please keep in mind, only players who are 18+ and have verified this with a credit card are able to use the Open Chat.

We do read each and every report, and we are diligent when it comes to banning or muting those who have violated the Terms of Use. Thank you for doing your part by reporting those who circumvent the chat filters in place.

From our Player Guide:
18+ Open Chat allows players a more open communication environment with other 18+ players.

This chat will be filtered for profanity. In this channel, when players type their text they will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means only 18+ can see it, and red is completely filtered.

This chat feature is in response to our community's requests. To ensure the highest level of safety, we have chosen to provide this for our active Subscriber community only.

Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

Accounts must be verified as 18+ through a valid credit card on file with Wizard101.
Loreis04 wrote: