Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unnecessary Teleporting and Marking

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 03, 2010
Hello, I have yet another bug on my game. These things just don't stop, do they? Anyway, today it is a half-minor half-major problem. Sometimes, completely out of my control, my wizard randomly marks their location or teleports to the commons area of the world they are in. This is getting out of hand, really, now let me tell you a story. I was questing in the wonderful world of Krokotopia. I had just collected the leather straps for General Khaba, and I was right there, next to him, the press 'X' to talk actually appeared, when the game brought me back to The Oasis. Also, a marking story, because reasons. I was once in a dungeon, running low on mana, all out of those potions, and I had enough mana for just about nothing (exaggeration alert!), when, it marked, and I was in a battle with no mana. I had to flee, except dungeon recall didn't appear. (A glitch that only happened to me once, don't overwork yourselves, Kingsisle.) So that's the story of what happened so long ago I don't even know what dungeon it is.

-Cody Lighthunter, 84, Thaumaturge
-Luke Crowhead, 18, Conjurer

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Make sure you are not accidentally hitting the 'page down' button. 'Page Down' marks your location. If you are accidentally porting to commons, you may be hitting the 'end' key.

If you are using a lap top or other key board where you have to hit function in order for you to use 'page down' or 'end', then you may have a sticky function key.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2014
I was just about to talk to Sherlock bones when my sis came over and hit the key board and *poof* I was at the commons (for that world) so I think its a button on the key board.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Cody Lighthunter on Jun 15, 2015 wrote:
Hello, I have yet another bug on my game. These things just don't stop, do they? Anyway, today it is a half-minor half-major problem. Sometimes, completely out of my control, my wizard randomly marks their location or teleports to the commons area of the world they are in. This is getting out of hand, really, now let me tell you a story. I was questing in the wonderful world of Krokotopia. I had just collected the leather straps for General Khaba, and I was right there, next to him, the press 'X' to talk actually appeared, when the game brought me back to The Oasis. Also, a marking story, because reasons. I was once in a dungeon, running low on mana, all out of those potions, and I had enough mana for just about nothing (exaggeration alert!), when, it marked, and I was in a battle with no mana. I had to flee, except dungeon recall didn't appear. (A glitch that only happened to me once, don't overwork yourselves, Kingsisle.) So that's the story of what happened so long ago I don't even know what dungeon it is.

-Cody Lighthunter, 84, Thaumaturge
-Luke Crowhead, 18, Conjurer
if you are on a laptop and using the arrow keys to move around, be careful that you don't accidentally hit any of the number keys~ in my experience, pressing 1, 2, or 0 triggers a hotkey that will automatically mark your location or port you back to the commons (don't remember which does which at the moment, but will test it later).

-von

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Hannah Lifebringer on Jun 15, 2015 wrote:
Make sure you are not accidentally hitting the 'page down' button. 'Page Down' marks your location. If you are accidentally porting to commons, you may be hitting the 'end' key.

If you are using a lap top or other key board where you have to hit function in order for you to use 'page down' or 'end', then you may have a sticky function key.
Thanks for giving me some key shortcuts. My clicker (in situations I use a mouse instead) will not work most of the time and I have to press really hard. But now with the keys, it'll be easy.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Oni Slayer on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for giving me some key shortcuts. My clicker (in situations I use a mouse instead) will not work most of the time and I have to press really hard. But now with the keys, it'll be easy.
Glad the shortcuts helped.

Here are a few more

The home key ports you home and the page up key will teleport you to your last mark.

If you play grumpy gobbler for pet training, the number keys correspond to the fire, ice, storm, and fly through. The + key will add power and the - key will lower power. Space will shoot.