Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

UI too big

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2012
I haven't been exploring the update yet, but from what I've seen it looks incredible. There's just one thing bugging me a lot and that is the new interface size. I play the game on 4K resolution with a 55" screen and everything used to be just fine, but when I logged in everything was gigantic. I lowered the size to "tiny" in the options settings and it's still too big, almost up to a point where the game becomes unplayable, because the UI is distracting you from the game world itself. Please fix this.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
I agree. I have a 32" screen @2560x1440 and the UI was fine before the update -- usable and unobtrusive. Now, even at "Tiny" the health/mana/energy globes, chat box, friend display and pop-up screens like backpack are HUGE and very distracting. Can we lower the size across the board or add "Tinier" and "Minute" or "Nano" to allow for even smaller, less screen gobbling sizes? Chat text font size needs an option for smaller too as "Small" is still too big now. I also noticed, maybe because everything is MUCH larger now, that the black font looks jagged on the light backgrounds -- Backpack screen "1/2" for example.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
The new UI is too big. I play on a 4K 55" TV and I prefer the old way as I have been working on things to post online for my channel on YouTube. The small UI is what I need, even smaller than the tiny option they now have. This is going to cause me to have to reshoot months worth of work. Not happy with this at all!!!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Jeremy Firestaff on Apr 24, 2019 wrote:
The new UI is too big. I play on a 4K 55" TV and I prefer the old way as I have been working on things to post online for my channel on YouTube. The small UI is what I need, even smaller than the tiny option they now have. This is going to cause me to have to reshoot months worth of work. Not happy with this at all!!!
I don't like it either. It completely messed up taking screeshots for items to post images on our Wiki on Central. Having to play around with all of the different sizes and resolutions. Still have not found one that works.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2014
I'm also playing at 2560x1440 and the UI is huge for me too. Not sure what happened with the update, but I definitely like the UI how it was before.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Same for me 2560x1440 and UI portion is still to big even at tiny. Was fine before the update.

Survivor
May 20, 2012
I am playing on 3440 x 1440, and I'm having the same experience, its marginally larger than what it was before the update.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Well, since this is still an issue and there has been no official replay, I thought I would add more technical information to hopefully get some resolution on this matter:

Screen resolution: 2560x1440
Video card: Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX 580 with latest 19.4.3 drivers