Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Turn off Hot Keys?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2010

Was just wondering if there was a way to turn off the hot keys for the game?
It can get to be annoying when I am chatting , and begin to bring up game windows , backpack , maps etc. I seem to constantly do this. When I am battling with a group , and trying to talk , cast spells at the same time , closing all the windows is just a pain. I know its most likely my fault for not hitting enter to begin with. I just want to turn them off.

Thanks

Defender
May 30, 2009
This would be great to know. I don't mind the fact that I hit the hot keys for something in my book while chatting. What bothers me is the key to use the mark you have at another location (either page up or page down) is right next to the arrow keys on my lap top. I have wasted so much mana on this one that it isn't funny. I think that I did read somewhere that you can change the value of some of the keys, meaning change C to ? to bring up your character screen but not sure about turning them off all together.

Historian
May 28, 2009
This is not the biggest problem. THIS is the biggest problem with chat:

When you enter a battle and your still typing. The type chat box is gone. If you press any button who have a hot key, it bring the option! I wish the hot keys in battle only open the right stuff or only the Esc button can open the options in battle or the chat box don't disapperent.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
What I would like is key assignent options. I use my right hand for the mouse and arrow keys so it would be just as good if I need to X to just have an option that will let me pick the key and I would choose /.