Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

treasure cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2017
hi, how does the treasure cards work, and at what level, as mine is grayed out at level 35

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
We need a little more information to help you.

What level and school are you, and what treasure card are you asking about? Tell us the name of the spell, and also where you're trying to use it. Some cards are level restricted, some can't be used in PVP.

In general, you should be able to cast any treasure card that you have enough pips for. As an example, if you have a Minotaur treasure card that requires 5 pips, then you'd be able to cast it with 2 or 3 power pips if you're Myth or have a Myth mastery amulet; but you might need to wait five whole turns (for 5 pips) if you are a different school and don't have Myth mastery.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
Damaqa77777 on May 6, 2017 wrote:
hi, how does the treasure cards work, and at what level, as mine is grayed out at level 35
Hi Damaqa!

Treasure cards work by certain levels. Some higher rank treasure cards require a higher level. For example, the treasure card for Gargantuan is only allowed for level 55+ players. The "Polymorph Pteranodon" treasure card is for level 75+ players (I think). Try going to the Wizard City Bazaar and search for usable treasure cards for your wizard. They really do make a huge difference in combat!

Sincerely, Victoria ThunderCloud, Level 68 Necromancer

Catch me in the Spiral if you can!

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Don't remember when they become active but they are a one time use. If you look at your deck you can click on the gold/yellow treasure card icon which will switch you to the treasure card section. Then you can load up whatever treasure cards you have and when in battle you can discard a card and replace it with a treasure card. Again the treasure cards are a one time use. You can also find info on them I believe in your spell book just click the help icon.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If a treasure card is greyed out, you most likely do not have enough pips to cast it. There are very very few level based TCs in the game.