Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trashing quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
I like quests a lot and like my quest box neat and organized. I always use the space bar to go to next but I mistakenly accept a quest I do not want. I think we should be able to trash quests. If we don't want it, it will just bug me and probably lots of other people. Please think about this new idea and allow it.

Administrator
Well young Wizard, since this your first post, I'll kindly remind you to check the Code of Conduct. Ideas belong in the Dorms, and you posted this in Halston's Lab.

There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Well young Wizard, since this your first post, I'll kindly remind you to check the Code of Conduct. Ideas belong in the Dorms, and you posted this in Halston's Lab.

There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

Professor is right could you imagine you delete a main storyline quest? First of all you'd have to recover it to progress and second you cant gain exp from that quest which could always come in handy.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I think that sounds sound.

However rather than delete than can it be possible to return them?

As in go back click on the char who gave it and return quest. This will allow you go back to the char and pick it up when needed.

But its an idea.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I think there some quest that should be deletable, like the Zeke quest that don't have arrow helper. I have a bunch of thoughs that at are incomplete. My suggest is that Kl add a delete option that ask them twice like the training point reset, so they are not delete on accident. But, you can also decline the quest, but I think people don't realize that.