Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Points Miss-spent

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
8
When I first started playing Wizard101, I was a nooby and didn't know half of what I was doing. Upgraded my account to Subscription and explored and leveled. I figured out that I made quite a few mistakes spending my action points.

Well, I google'd and found out that Mr. Lincoln could give you your training points back! Oh what a relief! So as I log in and find Mr. Lincoln, he only accept crowns? I am a proud subscriber, and do not really have any extra money to buy additional crowns to spend to get to reset my Sorcerer's Points back...
Why do this to subscribers? It just doesn't feel right.

I seriously did think, 'Heh - I could just make a whole new character, and I have to be extra careful on how I spend them!'. As I made a whole new balance character, I realized that would be too much work to get him all the way to DragonSpyre! It's just not fair. :( I am only asking on thing from KI...

Could you at least let subscribers pay gold for their training points? It doesn't have to be cheap. Affordable, please... but not cheap.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
94
Ya, all the crown services in the game, making everyone pay them including subscribers has been an issue for some time. I honesly don't know what to say, other than make sure you spend your training points right, and that if you're serious about getting another character to ds, it shouldn't take that long, maybe about a week of serious work, but idk. I wish that subscribers could just renew our training points for like 1,000 gold a training point, but oh well.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
Defender
May 08, 2009
167
I know KI needs to make money, but sometimes I feel ripped off.I spend so much money suscribing, yet we need to pay MORE money to:get back training points,buy crown items,get holiday items,ect.

I know they need have money to keep programming, but they need to stop putting price tags up in our faces and actually think of a way to balance the suscriber vs crown player prices.

I don't mind buying a few crowns for something once and while, but it seems so many features that are completely free or cost in-game money in most multiplayer games cost real money in this one.This is another example.

I really like Wizard 101 but this just needs to be fixed.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
9
I support this completely and posted about it as well a bit earlier.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/21145.ftl

Players are already happy to pay to play. Why make us pay even more for something that everyone should have the option of doing.

Please, change this, KI.

Thanks,
Morgrim SoulForge
Morgrim HexForge

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
This way they can earn MONEY to pay for stuff to help make wizard101 and pay the staff

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
32
they won't do that give back training points or buy with gold.

Just make a new char and then put all your current stuff in your share bank and get it on your new char.

sure it will take some time to do the quest over again but if you like this game alot then it should be no problem just more fun ahead :) hehe

hey when I first started as a noobie i deleted my first chars atleast 10 times and made new ones lol

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
8
tkoaries3 wrote:
they won't do that give back training points or buy with gold.

Just make a new char and then put all your current stuff in your share bank and get it on your new char.

sure it will take some time to do the quest over again but if you like this game alot then it should be no problem just more fun ahead :) hehe

hey when I first started as a noobie i deleted my first chars atleast 10 times and made new ones lol


Heh. I spent alot of time getting to DragonSpyre, and my current subscription is ending the beginning of august. I like my current Balance person, but like I said. I really do not have countless hours trying to get back to DragonSpyre.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
333
Agree.. Crowns are so overrated in this game, Crowns for this, Crowns for that. Since KI relies on Crowns so much, Why not DROP the SUB aspect of the game, and just use a Crown shop? There are thousands of free MMO's out there that only use Item Malls (W101 Crown Shop) and these games are pretty successful. None the less, buyback points should not be Crowns, it only makes sence for it to be game gold. Same goes for pet energy. We get a free pig pet at the begining, why do we have to use Crowns for pet energy refill?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1706
Darkhole54321 wrote:
I spend so much money suscribing, ... <clip>


With a yearly sub purchased at the correct time it costs $60/yr, or just $5/mo....that is the price of a real hamburger or a gourmet coffee.

I spend about 10% of my monthly pay on myself, and for the time spent and the enjoyment I get from this game, it would be worth a lot more if I spent that entire amount, but I don't even come close....

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
39
I completely agree with everything you have said. I am one of the many players who messed up their training points and one day logged on to find out i can get them back. But then i realized the ugly truth, you have to pay crowns to get them all back, and it cost's more the more you have spent. :( KI, i hope you do something about this. Because it is really getting on my nerves.

Best regards,
Hunter Thunderdust, level 39, fire

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
59
yellow867 wrote:
Ya, all the crown services in the game, making everyone pay them including subscribers has been an issue for some time. I honesly don't know what to say, other than make sure you spend your training points right, and that if you're serious about getting another character to ds, it shouldn't take that long, maybe about a week of serious work, but idk. I wish that subscribers could just renew our training points for like 1,000 gold a training point, but oh well.


ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?!? (sure i think its a great idea to be able to buy back your training points with gold. Or at least us subscribers should have one free ticket for mister Lincon. I made a mistake with my Myth. I tryed to keep going untile i got to the end of MB.) ... but 1,000 is what you sell an ordinary, easily got hat, robe or shoes. The price should be 50,000 one third of the max amount (easily acheaved in DS).

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
mmaakk wrote:
yellow867 wrote:
Ya, all the crown services in the game, making everyone pay them including subscribers has been an issue for some time. I honesly don't know what to say, other than make sure you spend your training points right, and that if you're serious about getting another character to ds, it shouldn't take that long, maybe about a week of serious work, but idk. I wish that subscribers could just renew our training points for like 1,000 gold a training point, but oh well.


ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?!? (sure i think its a great idea to be able to buy back your training points with gold. Or at least us subscribers should have one free ticket for mister Lincon. I made a mistake with my Myth. I tryed to keep going untile i got to the end of MB.) ... but 1,000 is what you sell an ordinary, easily got hat, robe or shoes. The price should be 50,000 one third of the max amount (easily acheaved in DS).
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 50,000 is as much as the grand fortress in DS. I say between 5000-10,000 gold because its not cheap and i bet you can afford that much.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
369
You don't really need crowns if you have a subscription. Sure, you can buy a lot of fancy extra stuff, but none of that is strictly required. Once you have a subscription, you can, in fact, gain most crown stuff from drops or buying it with gold.

While it stinks to mis-spend a training point, you can at least rejoice in the fact that we soon get more training points with Celestia. Alternatively, you can reroll your character and start over - this time making sure that you get the right spells.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
45
Yeah I hope they give more training points with Celestia that should come out today. Because you need training points to get the new spells. I'm not sure if they realized that a lot of people spent all their points on a whole other school! Anyway I was definetely looking forward to getting the moon school. (Star school doesnt power up enough- Sun is pretty weak power ups when you get better cards. I see you would use it for a prizm affect. Like use an inferno kraken on and ice, but Just not worth it to me!) I'm an ice so the first transformation wont be all good, but its better health. I just want the school ok!

Ian FrostBreeze
Lvl. 48 Ice/Storm Wizard
Thanks

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Pewfer wrote:
When I first started playing Wizard101, I was a nooby and didn't know half of what I was doing. Upgraded my account to Subscription and explored and leveled. I figured out that I made quite a few mistakes spending my action points.

Well, I google'd and found out that Mr. Lincoln could give you your training points back! Oh what a relief! So as I log in and find Mr. Lincoln, he only accept crowns? I am a proud subscriber, and do not really have any extra money to buy additional crowns to spend to get to reset my Sorcerer's Points back...
Why do this to subscribers? It just doesn't feel right.

I seriously did think, 'Heh - I could just make a whole new character, and I have to be extra careful on how I spend them!'. As I made a whole new balance character, I realized that would be too much work to get him all the way to DragonSpyre! It's just not fair. :( I am only asking on thing from KI...

Could you at least let subscribers pay gold for their training points? It doesn't have to be cheap. Affordable, please... but not cheap.


Well, KI insists they listen to their community, but as always, they dont care what we have to say. This will never change, because even the PVP players will spend the crowns to get the points back, since I guess they are the real reason this game exsists.

I am now an official PVP player hater, anyone want to join the club, since they get everything they ask for? Anyway, not that KI will listen or care, but I say, give every character one time for free, or allow them one time for gold, after that, it is strictly Crowns only. But, as I said, they dont listen to our ideas or us as matter of fact!


Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
3
I totally agree, somewhere 10-20k gold would be reasonable, not more Crowns.
Btw someone tells me how much crown i need to pay? i havent seen mr lincoln yet, so i have no idea (dont even know where mr lincoln is hahaha)
Peace!