Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Point buyback - why only Crowns?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Dear KI,

We can buy good clothes, weapons and pets with gold. We can get great drops from bosses and quests. But there's only one way to retrain - with Crowns.

That is not fair to any subscriber.

KI, I seriously request that you give the option to buy back Training Points with gold and keep it affordable. Not cheap, just affordable.

Judgement/Storm OP, Feint mishaps, stuck glitches, and hard-to-get items anyone can deal with. They just play smarter or get lucky, and we can get past those kind of problems.

You're the only ones that can fix this.

Everyone, whether they use crowns or gold, spends an awful lot of time getting to Grandmaster. Those that do it without crowns make sacrifices and evertually get great rewards for their efforts and it should be applauded.

So then why are the non-Crown users punished for making a training point mistake or choice they later feel is not valueable?

Why should someone slog through the entire game, learning about themselves, their character, and the game mechanics, PAY to Play, and still have no second choice on how their wizard should really shape up.

I'm an avid fan of W101 but when I saw this I felt ashamed when I see level 40+s walking around with second, third and fourth school (and fifth and sixth... ) card choices they wish they could undo, but can't because of their age or money situation.

In fact the real slap in the face is that these folks ARE PAYING to play. They're subscribers. Yet they still can't respec their character?

Come on.

They're stuck with dealing with their characters as is or forced to reroll?

No way.

To be forced into this when you've invested soooo much time into a character is just not right.

Please, change this.

Thanks for your time,
Morgrim SoulForge
Morgrim HexForge

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
First off regardless of a Pay to Play, and an Item mall. It should be either or, not both. That's another rant.

Second off I do agree that buy back points should be Gold instead of crowns. Why KI forces a subscriber to also pay for crowns is beyond me. I buy crowns and am subscribed, and I think a lot of things should be bought with game gold instead of crowns.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
I agree with you completely.

The amount is ridiculous, considering it's done on an automated system. It's not like a KI employee has to get into your account and reset this for you.

Set the cost high, like 100k in gold so it's not abused. They could set that as a 'subscriber only' perk as well.

Creating your wizard is largely trial and error until you get the right mix for what you want to achieve. This shouldn't break the bank IRL.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
I back this message 100%. I agree with everything the OP said, and I think that KI should make it crowns or gold.

I had a fire character that I started when I didn't really know anything about the game, and I chose storm of all things as a second school. Later on when I realized that this was a mistake I wished that there was a way change your second school without spending crowns. I would have created a new character, except the character on my Fire game has a non-tradeable house, which I would not want to give up. Please KI, change it so that subscribers can get there moneys worth as well, and allow us to buy back training points with gold as well. Crowns should be an easier option, as always, but we should be able to buy them back with a greater amount of gold too.

Please change this.