Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training point buyback

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
i like the training point buyback thing but i think we should be able to buyback any points, not all points at once because i dont have enough crowns to buy then all but i want to return some. Does anyone else think this

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
yea i guess i agree somewhat. I had the crowns and i didn't mind spending them but i didn't want to get rid of all my spells just a few. The question is would be harder to progam it to function as a calculator?

Where is would be able to buy back depending on how many you want to buy. Also, keeping the penalty that raises the price each time you do it.

What i think i hear more is my friends who have no crowns, because their parents won't buy any i wish it would except gold too like the clothes Zeke used to sell were crowns only now you can buy them in all the stores. You just have to save and sell a lot.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
I agree with both of these points. Some players never get crowns for whatever reason, so there should be a gold buy back price. Also, you should be able to choose which training points to trade in rather than "dump" them all.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Does anyone know the total number of training points we do get all together?

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Firefly555 wrote:
Does anyone know the total number of training points we do get all together?

Survivor
Oct 02, 2008
I think they should make it 5000 crowns to reset your training points. It should also reset your school to the type you choose. When you (and if you change your school) you should be able to keep your traps and blades. That way you could be able to not spend money on treasure cards for blades and go broke.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
well if you want something done about it like i do post suggestions on contact me and give comments in the test realm, when i say that i don't mean spam king isle but gust give feedback and if enough people do then it will get changed.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
well if you want something done about it like i do post suggestions on contact me and give comments in the test realm, when i say that i don't mean spam king isle but gust give feedback and if enough people do then it will get changed.

now why on earth would I want to murder my minion? I have a spell for that, useless because I never use it. I want that one returned but the buy back is only for OTHER schools not your main school.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:
thunderbird120 wrote:

now why on earth would I want to murder my minion? I have a spell for that, useless because I never use it. I want that one returned but the buy back is only for OTHER schools not your main school.

I mean for instance you were storm and ice, for storm ice doesn't really give anything in return, if you switch to death and say you have a friendly dragon pet that gives balance blade and the elemental blades and traps, with feint plus clothing boost and all storm power ups, you now have an attack that is doing over 10,000 damage and if you don't believe me check my math
30% storm blade, 35% elemental blade, 20% windstorm, 25% storm trap, 25% elemental trap, 70% feint, 30% balance blade,(pet version) 25% darkwind, plus 15% clothing boost= 10,000 using triton!!!

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
Whiterose2 wrote:
thunderbird120 wrote:

I mean for instance you were storm and ice, for storm ice doesn't really give anything in return, if you switch to death and say you have a friendly dragon pet that gives balance blade and the elemental blades and traps, with feint plus clothing boost and all storm power ups, you now have an attack that is doing over 10,000 damage and if you don't believe me check my math
30% storm blade, 35% elemental blade, 20% windstorm, 25% storm trap, 25% elemental trap, 70% feint, 30% balance blade,(pet version) plus 15% clothing boost= 10,000 using triton!!!

that's all well and good but it still leaves me with spells I have no use for, which IS the topic of the buy back training points, is it not?

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:

that's all well and good but it still leaves me with spells I have no use for, which IS the topic of the buy back training points, is it not?

No, actually it isn't. Training points are used for spells outside of your school. Therefore, the topic of training point buy back only concerns how you have spent your training points, not just getting compensated in some way for (what are to you) useless spells.

Having school spells that you don't use, but someone else may, is a good thing. It allows for more variety in how various people choose to play within the bounds of that school.

I agree that the sacrifice minion spells aren't that handy, but I did stick one in my deck the other day going into a difficult fight just in case I was desperate enough to use it, since my minions seem to vary with their usefulness each time I summon them.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
ajdad2 wrote:
i like the training point buyback thing but i think we should be able to buyback any points, not all points at once because i dont have enough crowns to buy then all but i want to return some. Does anyone else think this

That's a lot like the fallacy behind the cable choice argument. People see that they're paying $40/month for 50 channels or whatever, and think, I only watch 5 of them, so if cable companies had to offer channels a la carte, I'd only pay $4/month. If they had to offer channels individually, they'd charge a lot more for each, though, as if you only get 10% as many channels, the cost to the company is the same.

Likewise, the cost to KingsIsle would be the same whether you reset all of your training points or selectively reset some of them. The development costs for the game are pretty much the same regardless of how many people play, and they have to recoup those costs somewhere. If resetting all 17 of your training points cost one price and they were to change it to resetting one training point at a time, it wouldn't merely cost 1/17 of the normal price to reset each. It would cost much more than that per training point.

xemaness wrote:
I think they should make it 5000 crowns to reset your training points. It should also reset your school to the type you choose.

What if most of your gear requires your old class?

xemaness wrote:
When you (and if you change your school) you should be able to keep your traps and blades. That way you could be able to not spend money on treasure cards for blades and go broke.

The point of the training point reset is to be able to pick different ways to spend training points, not to be able to get more spells than before. It's supposed to make it so that after the reset, you're no stronger than if you had merely allocated the points that way the first time. That way, it's not necessary to buy them to be competitive. What you propose would make it so that by resetting stuff, one could get more cards than normal, as well as cards not normally available to the class, so that their character would be stronger than before, and everyone would have to do so or else be at a disadvantage. That sort of items in an item mall is a very, very bad thing. It's perhaps justifiable for an item mall grinder that has no other way to get revenue, but not in a subscription game.

thunderbird120 wrote:
I mean for instance you were storm and ice, for storm ice doesn't really give anything in return

You're forgetting tower shield. A dead storm wizard deals no damage.

thunderbird120 wrote:
you now have an attack that is doing over 10,000 damage and if you don't believe me check my math
30% storm blade, 35% elemental blade, 20% windstorm, 25% storm trap, 25% elemental trap, 70% feint, 30% balance blade,(pet version) plus 15% clothing boost= 10,000 using triton!!!

I calculate that that should do about 6600-7300 damage.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
ajdad2 wrote:

That's a lot like the fallacy behind the cable choice argument. People see that they're paying $40/month for 50 channels or whatever, and think, I only watch 5 of them, so if cable companies had to offer channels a la carte, I'd only pay $4/month. If they had to offer channels individually, they'd charge a lot more for each, though, as if you only get 10% as many channels, the cost to the company is the same.

Likewise, the cost to KingsIsle would be the same whether you reset all of your training points or selectively reset some of them. The development costs for the game are pretty much the same regardless of how many people play, and they have to recoup those costs somewhere. If resetting all 17 of your training points cost one price and they were to change it to resetting one training point at a time, it wouldn't merely cost 1/17 of the normal price to reset each. It would cost much more than that per training point.

xemaness wrote:
I think they should make it 5000 crowns to reset your training points. It should also reset your school to the type you choose.

What if most of your gear requires your old class?

xemaness wrote:
When you (and if you change your school) you should be able to keep your traps and blades. That way you could be able to not spend money on treasure cards for blades and go broke.

The point of the training point reset is to be able to pick different ways to spend training points, not to be able to get more spells than before. It's supposed to make it so that after the reset, you're no stronger than if you had merely allocated the points that way the first time. That way, it's not necessary to buy them to be competitive. What you propose would make it so that by resetting stuff, one could get more cards than normal, as well as cards not normally available to the class, so that their character would be stronger than before, and everyone would have to do so or else be at a disadvantage. That sort of items in an item mall is a very, very bad thing. It's perhaps justifiable for an item mall grinder that has no other way to get revenue, but not in a subscription game.

thunderbird120 wrote:
I mean for instance you were storm and ice, for storm ice doesn't really give anything in return

You're forgetting tower shield. A dead storm wizard deals no damage.

thunderbird120 wrote:
you now have an attack that is doing over 10,000 damage and if you don't believe me check my math

I calculate that that should do about 6600-7300 damage.

oh sorry i forgot to add 25% for darkwind silly me

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
thunderbird120 wrote:

So multiply my numbers by 1.25. That still doesn't get you to 10k.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
thunderbird120 wrote:

So multiply my numbers by 1.25. That still doesn't get you to 10k.

in case we are having a communication issue i am talking about the garment triton that does 920-1000 damage for the normal one you are right.