Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Point Buy Back Costs Too Much

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Hello,

Today I decided to see how much a Training Point Buy Back would cost. So I check 7770 crowns! Man that is a lot. Meanwhile, my sister went to check how much her's was. 0 crowns! No joke. Can someone please tell me why my sister's was 0 and mine was 7770? Thanks :-) .

David Darkflame Lv 60 Pyromancer

Administrator
When young Wizards first start out at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, they are often excited by the many different spells to spend Training Points on, such as shields and magical spells outside their school of focus. We understand that as Wizards progress, they sometimes wish they could return those spells in exchange for their Training Points back. Well now you can!

Mr Lincoln in Golem Court will allow you to Spend Crowns to buy back all your Training Points and return all of the spells obtained with those Training Points. You can respend your new Training Points as desired.

The price in Crowns is dependent on how many training points you have spent and the first three are free.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
can u guys make it like with gold to because some people wont buy crowns just to buy back training points

Defender
May 06, 2009
KN1GHT69 wrote:
Hello,

Today I decided to see how much a Training Point Buy Back would cost. So I check 7770 crowns! Man that is a lot. Meanwhile, my sister went to check how much her's was. 0 crowns! No joke. Can someone please tell me why my sister's was 0 and mine was 7770? Thanks :-) .

David Darkflame Lv 60 Pyromancer

From what I understand, it is based on a) level of your character b) how many training points you have spent. While a cost of 0 crowns sounds really odd, the cost of 7k crowns doesn't really sound odd for a max level character with close to max training points spent.

southparker8887 wrote:
can u guys make it like with gold to because some people wont buy crowns just to buy back training points

Be thankful that you can even get a refund for your training points. I have played some games where that isn't even possible. Although it would be "nice"(tm) to be able to use gold to do this. I seriously doubt that it will ever happen since it is just another way to help the company make money.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
ok i agree with having to spend gold on training point buy back i mean it would be nice to just spend gold my dad plays a game called World Of Warcraft and they have training points like us wizards and they pay GOLD to buy them back! KI make it gold plz!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
man3100 wrote:
ok i agree with having to spend gold on training point buy back i mean it would be nice to just spend gold my dad plays a game called World Of Warcraft and they have training points like us wizards and they pay GOLD to buy them back! KI make it gold plz!

Your dad also pays an extra five dollars a month to play World of Warcraft over the price of Wizard 101. The crown money from Training Point buyback is possibly one of the methods used to offset the difference.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
When young Wizards first start out at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, they are often excited by the many different spells to spend Training Points on, such as shields and magical spells outside their school of focus. We understand that as Wizards progress, they sometimes wish they could return those spells in exchange for their Training Points back. Well now you can!

Mr Lincoln in Golem Court will allow you to Spend Crowns to buy back all your Training Points and return all of the spells obtained with those Training Points. You can respend your new Training Points as desired.

The price in Crowns is dependent on how many training points you have spent and the first three are free.

Thanks professor and i kind of agree with you but if we can get a certain amount of people to tell KI to do this will you listen and make it happen? :-)
~~~~Alex Soulhaven Legendary Pyromancer~~~~~~~ "If you play with fire,you're gonna get burned"

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Zoro987 wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Thanks professor and i kind of agree with you but if we can get a certain amount of people to tell KI to do this will you listen and make it happen? :-)
~~~~Alex Soulhaven Legendary Pyromancer~~~~~~~ "If you play with fire,you're gonna get burned"

That is how it is currently. The amount of crowns scales with the amount of training points you have used up.

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
kingurz wrote:
man3100 wrote:

Your dad also pays an extra five dollars a month to play World of Warcraft over the price of Wizard 101. The crown money from Training Point buyback is possibly one of the methods used to offset the difference.

I lol'd there...but yes, WoW is more expensive and lacks a micro transaction shop (read: crowns). KI uses every tactic it has to make money, and it may not be economical to allow you to use gold to buy back training points.