Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

training

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 05, 2010
ok so im level 17 pyro right. and i wanna learn the level 16 spell for death. i have enough training points but the only one it says i can learn is dark sprite. now i dont think this is a glitch beacause all my school freinds who play have the same problem. if this is not a glitch then i think that this rule is very unfair. this basicly means that u have to invest all your training points in one school. that also means that u cant get the strongest healing spell from life without wasting points that could have been used on high damage spells like a storm. i belive that this takes a way a huge possible chunk of added stradegy from the game. now instead of making the perfect mix of all the schools you have to pick just one or the weakesd spells from them all. i really think ki should fix this so plz replie.

Heather Wildflame lvl 17 pyro
working on krok pyramid of sun

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Its what is supposed to happen because otherwise everying would take all the traps blades and high hitting spells and the game would be unfair.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
ibeamazing101 wrote:
ok so im level 17 pyro right. and i wanna learn the level 16 spell for death. i have enough training points but the only one it says i can learn is dark sprite. now i dont think this is a glitch beacause all my school freinds who play have the same problem. if this is not a glitch then i think that this rule is very unfair. this basicly means that u have to invest all your training points in one school. that also means that u cant get the strongest healing spell from life without wasting points that could have been used on high damage spells like a storm. i belive that this takes a way a huge possible chunk of added stradegy from the game. now instead of making the perfect mix of all the schools you have to pick just one or the weakesd spells from them all. i really think ki should fix this so plz replie.

To learn the level 16 spell, Vampire, you have to learn all the spells before it in that school on the list (ie, the spells the school allows outsiders to learn).

No shortcuts to education please, it does take a long series of studies to learn the more advanced spells.

And as you as a player learns the game, you will realize that scattering your training points across other schools is wasteful, and silly in a way. While I agree you should learn vampire, then skeletal pirite, it is on the way to the spell you desire for use, feint. You will find that any spell above 2 pips is a real waste as you get to higher levels....your power pip chance will get so high that your own school will be the only damage you wish to cast, and you will use assessory spells from other schools (elemental blades from balance, the 70% damage boost from death, the 50% vs all shield from ice are the most common).

If you really want a vampire for your deck, there is an amulet at level 15 that gives a spell card to you.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
ibeamazing101 wrote:

you do have to train 1 school to get the spells you can train. or maybe you could just train up to the spell you want but that might take up your training points you will get in cl. although it didnt for my bro it might for you cause my bro trained 2 schools that werent his. i think you should have waited until you were a higher lvl to post this cause u would no why its like this. its perfect the way it is so KI dont go changing anything else in this game.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
This is not a glitch it is the way the game is structured, you have your primary school, then secondary schools which you learn all the spells available to the level you wish to learn. If you want a level 16 spell you must learn the prior spells. Otherwise you could just learn the most powerful/useful spells of each school and be way overpowered. It keeps the game balanced and fair. Besides you will have opportunities for several more training points and schools, by the time you become level 60-current level cap-you will have enough training points to learn two other schools in their entirety, a couple of spells from another school and then an entire astral school. That is plenty of spells and training points to go around.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
, don
Krailzec wrote:
This is not a glitch it is the way the game is structured, you have your primary school, then secondary schools which you learn all the spells available to the level you wish to learn. If you want a level 16 spell you must learn the prior spells. Otherwise you could just learn the most powerful/useful spells of each school and be way overpowered. It keeps the game balanced and fair. Besides you will have opportunities for several more training points and schools, by the time you become level 60-current level cap-you will have enough training points to learn two other schools in their entirety, a couple of spells from another school and then an entire astral school. That is plenty of spells and training points to go around.

ok why would it be unfair if u could pick the high ones i dont understand and besides by that point there woild be no more bosses to beat, you would be done with the game so it is te grand total is erelevant and mabye just change the fact that u get training points every 4 -5 levels and through side quests that take quite a while ( thats right, im talking about u zeke). mabye just give them to me every 3 levels instead, and stop them coming when i reached the time that i hit the t :mrgreenoriganal total, which i have no problem with, and keep the side quests to. this way i would nt get points when i beat the game. thats all im saying