Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Traffic Jam at wzater works (and other dungeo

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
This is in the bugs section because it's a problem, though not really a bug.

With the large number of players that are able to go into WW, every realm is now packed with people trying to go into the door.

For random people that just want to join, while this does give a lot of people to jump in on, it's also causing fights.

Why?

Because people tend to put groups together first, and then when a random person joins, it prevents one of the group from joining.

There needs to be a real solution to this, and not just adding more areas or realms. There needs to be a way to prevent people not in a group from joining the entrance sigils if people in a group are on them.

There also needs to be a lot more access points for people trying to re-enter dungeons they can't port back in to. Lost night, when I was trying to do Water Works with just one other person, the other guy had to flee water works, and when he tried to re-enter, someone jumped on the sigils with him and thus the game wiped out the instance he was in and put him in a new instance. He was unable to rejoin me and I was not able to finish the dungeon alone.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Trying the grouping feature in your friends list. My friends and I did that when we were going into an instance and had a group of four. It prevented others from jumping into our group. It saves the spots for your group.
Megan

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
This is in the bugs section because it's a problem, though not really a bug.

With the large number of players that are able to go into WW, every realm is now packed with people trying to go into the door.

For random people that just want to join, while this does give a lot of people to jump in on, it's also causing fights.

Why?

Because people tend to put groups together first, and then when a random person joins, it prevents one of the group from joining.

There needs to be a real solution to this, and not just adding more areas or realms. There needs to be a way to prevent people not in a group from joining the entrance sigils if people in a group are on them.

There also needs to be a lot more access points for people trying to re-enter dungeons they can't port back in to. Lost night, when I was trying to do Water Works with just one other person, the other guy had to flee water works, and when he tried to re-enter, someone jumped on the sigils with him and thus the game wiped out the instance he was in and put him in a new instance. He was unable to rejoin me and I was not able to finish the dungeon alone.

True. In this instance, the sigils should work like the battle circle when wizards are grouped. If they are four wizards grouped and one activates a sigil, the other three spots should be reserved for group members. It would be one more reason in encourage wizards to actually group up, instead of simply completing dungeons together.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Every realm is simply not the case. The busiest realms have traffic jams cause everyone is going to them as everyone is there looking to go in. I can easily go to non busy realms and find absolutely no one at these areas even during the bussiest of peak play hours.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
Trying the grouping feature in your friends list. My friends and I did that when we were going into an instance and had a group of four. It prevented others from jumping into our group. It saves the spots for your group.
Megan

Tried that, it didn't prevent the others from jumping in. The sigils don't seem to recognize Group Saving.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Johnist wrote:
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
Megan

Tried that, it didn't prevent the others from jumping in. The sigils don't seem to recognize Group Saving.

Thanks so much for letting me know! It has been quite a while since I did that.
Megan