Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tower Shield Being Spamed

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
In CL ice mobs just spam tower shield and i remove them with my wand hit then they just do it again its imposible to fight them.
not only this but then they just hit huge damaging spells. KI please fix this

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
What?

They already highly toned down Celestia, the world isn't difficult right now.

If you're having that much of a problem, then try attacking with a DoT.

If they were to alter anything, it should be the frequency in which Life Mobs use the death/dream shield. Very unfair towards up coming Necromancers.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2013
I totally agree. The last time I did ranked pvp against a level 10 warlord, the dude just spam shields over and over and over again. Then, surprise, he used a max pip judgement treasure card on me. This is seriously annoying, but I don't think Ki can really do much about it.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Tough Spell Card on Jan 15, 2017 wrote:
I totally agree. The last time I did ranked pvp against a level 10 warlord, the dude just spam shields over and over and over again. Then, surprise, he used a max pip judgement treasure card on me. This is seriously annoying, but I don't think Ki can really do much about it.
i quess the only thing they could do would be make tower 1 pip but then it would be usless. oh well just have to hope i dont get many ice

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hi Ryan,
Don't know what school you are but... Here is some general advice.

Pack ice or tower shields if you have them.

If you have any Damage over Time (DoT) spells, be sure to use them.

If you are Life or Storm, just know that whatever damage you do will probably be reduced by 50% and plan to hit/heal more often. Sometimes, using your school minion can help. Storm's minion loved spamming low level spells and the Life Sprite often casts Leprechaun. Then you just blade up and hit when you can.

Take one out at a time if you can't get them all at once. Heal up. Repeat.

They are obnoxious but, as a previous poster said, they've been much reduced from how they were back in 2010! Believe me, they are much easier to manage now.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Celestia introduces a wonderful aura called Infallible. The treasure card version of this grants 20 pierce to every spell you cast, and pretty much eliminates fizzles. The Archivist also sells +10% pierce spear treasure cards for every school (aside from , I think).

Load your sideboard with a mix of spears and blades for your school (and the aura if you don't train it) when fighting enemies. Between these charms and the aura, you'll hit very hard.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I would recommend utilizing pierce TCs and maybe even Shatter. They were key for me when I was questing through the shield-heavy worlds.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
With Sun enchants and an Enchanted Armament pet, I can kill tower shield users with three versions of a school blade and a global, considering that I'm doing this on my Ice and I can't really use Snow Angel against Ice mobs.