Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tomb of Storms Beetle Glitch

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I've found all the other Krok beetles except for this one and Karanahn Barracks. When I walk over it, it doesn't update the goal. I've tried switching realms, logging out and closing the client, equipping and unequipping my mount, and going to someone in Karanahn to collect the remaining beetle sighting.

None of these worked, it still doesn't do anything when I stand over the beetle in Tomb of Storms. My quest log shows I've found the Karanahn beetle (it's no longer listed on the remaining goals) but the Tomb of Storms beetle is still unachieved.

Since this quest carries a unique reward, I can't just ignore it...does or did anyone else have this problem and how did you solve it?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
crunkatog on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
I've found all the other Krok beetles except for this one and Karanahn Barracks. When I walk over it, it doesn't update the goal. I've tried switching realms, logging out and closing the client, equipping and unequipping my mount, and going to someone in Karanahn to collect the remaining beetle sighting.

None of these worked, it still doesn't do anything when I stand over the beetle in Tomb of Storms. My quest log shows I've found the Karanahn beetle (it's no longer listed on the remaining goals) but the Tomb of Storms beetle is still unachieved.

Since this quest carries a unique reward, I can't just ignore it...does or did anyone else have this problem and how did you solve it?
Are you sure you aren't confusing two beetles: The Tomb of Storms, and the Well of Spirits?

The Tomb of Storms beetle is the easiest one to find. After you come over to that area through the Sphinx's head, you just walk around that head, and the beetle is behind it.

But then there is the Well of Spirits beetle, which is a little harder to find. Read the instructions on this link.

This link gives detailed pictures showing where to find each beetle:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Find_the_Beetles#tab=Quest_Guide

Hope this helps.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I would post a screenshot of me standing right on top of the Tomb of Storms beetle, the one outside just back round of the Sphinx's head, not getting the achievement - but that won't help me get the achievement.

Still bugged (pardon the pun). Maybe I need to finish all of the Tomb of Storms quest tree before it will let me clear it? Maybe discovering the beetles out of order glitched it?

No worries, it's just a training point but one that would be sorely missed.

edit: It seems to have worked - didn't do anything different, but now I have it and picked up my Train Point. Maybe it was the time of day? Anyway thanks for your helpful post, I can see where someone might get confused about the two especially if they run past a beetle in the dark without realizing it.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
crunkatog on Apr 10, 2013 wrote:
I would post a screenshot of me standing right on top of the Tomb of Storms beetle, the one outside just back round of the Sphinx's head, not getting the achievement - but that won't help me get the achievement.

Still bugged (pardon the pun). Maybe I need to finish all of the Tomb of Storms quest tree before it will let me clear it? Maybe discovering the beetles out of order glitched it?

No worries, it's just a training point but one that would be sorely missed.

edit: It seems to have worked - didn't do anything different, but now I have it and picked up my Train Point. Maybe it was the time of day? Anyway thanks for your helpful post, I can see where someone might get confused about the two especially if they run past a beetle in the dark without realizing it.
Wow. Sorry about that.

You don't have to finish all of the quest tree to claim this beetle. And doing them out of order doesn't affect it either.

Sounds like a real bug/glitch. Maybe you should send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com and ask them to help you get moving along with this one.