Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This NEEDS to be addressed KI

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
62
I have see countless posts on lower level wizards running around higher level zone messing things up and to be honest I have started one myself.

Since it is obvious you will not stop this from happening I have come up with a compramise that should at least make some happy.

Take half of the Realms and make it so you cannot enter a world unless you have finished the quests to enter it. This will let your lower lvl wizards port up and satisfy those of us who dont like them in the higher lvl zones messing things up.

Please address this problem soon because I am starting to think that I dont want to play this game anymore just because of this NOT being addressed.

Also in all the posts that I have looked over on this subject I have not seen one responce from a "Teacher" on KI stance to this subject !!!!!!

ALSO I have posted several possible solutions to the and all seem to have been IGNORED and I am wandering why. (from letting people set lvl limits on who can enter a battle, to wizards taking things into their own hands and using Pacify so the creature will attack the lower lvl wizard)

Survivor
May 24, 2010
29
Yea that really has gotten annoying. one time i was over in GH and this lvl 1 wiz came into my battle. i told her that she's a little too low lvl to be there, and that she should leave. she told me she had magus wizard so it was cool for her to be there. i told her that even though she has a magus wiz doesn't mean that on her current character she could go there under the lvl all the rest of us work to. she called me a noob and left, and that's when i saw more and more lower lvls in worlds they shouldn't be in yet. i mean really, why should all of us work long and hard just so that others don't have to?

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
182
Obviously KI has no problem with lower-leveled wizards in later Worlds, otherwise they would have acted on the issue.

I really don't see the problem here. I've been able to do countless things in Celestia despite my level because I proved I was useful to the Grandmasters and Legendary Wizards there. Why should I be punished for the actions of the noob who comes in due to the irresponsibility of another Wizard? When someone with no merit appears in my battle, I confront them about it, and if they fail to respond I remove them from my Friends List and Block them.

The amount of times a noob has messed up my battle pales in comparison to the many instances where I, or someone weaker than myself, was able to play the game and keep us all working as a team. In fact, I'd say that when fighting any Celestian creature (Especially ones like Cuthalla), people who have no Text Chat (A.K.A. 'Mutes') are much more dangerous to the team because communication is severely limited.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
62
Luvas wrote:
Obviously KI has no problem with lower-leveled wizards in later Worlds, otherwise they would have acted on the issue.

I really don't see the problem here. I've been able to do countless things in Celestia despite my level because I proved I was useful to the Grandmasters and Legendary Wizards there. Why should I be punished for the actions of the noob who comes in due to the irresponsibility of another Wizard? When someone with no merit appears in my battle, I confront them about it, and if they fail to respond I remove them from my Friends List and Block them.

The amount of times a noob has messed up my battle pales in comparison to the many instances where I, or someone weaker than myself, was able to play the game and keep us all working as a team. In fact, I'd say that when fighting any Celestian creature (Especially ones like Cuthalla), people who have no Text Chat (A.K.A. 'Mutes') are much more dangerous to the team because communication is severely limited.


Typical that you would NOT see the problem because YOU are the problem.

Hero
May 27, 2009
757
Well, I don't see the problem, either, but I almost never join battles in higher worlds when my wizards are there. What I do is have two accounts, and use the higher level wizards on one to allow the lower level wizards on another to access higher worlds for purposes of crafting. The only real benefit to crafted gear in the lower worlds is to get it crafted early, BEFORE normal access.

I don't want anyone to limit my access as a paid subscriber, nor do I believe in a "world lock" or "battle lock" that keeps getting proposed time and again. This is a GAME. Sometimes there are "not-so-good" players, but most of the time it's absolutely NOT A PROBLEM. So you lost one battle out of a hundred - GET OVER IT!

Maybe they should make a realm just for complainers who can't seem to get along with others, and limit their access so no one else can be there. They can call it the Twilight Zone.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
Luvas wrote:
Obviously KI has no problem with lower-leveled wizards in later Worlds, otherwise they would have acted on the issue.

I really don't see the problem here. I've been able to do countless things in Celestia despite my level because I proved I was useful to the Grandmasters and Legendary Wizards there. Why should I be punished for the actions of the noob who comes in due to the irresponsibility of another Wizard? When someone with no merit appears in my battle, I confront them about it, and if they fail to respond I remove them from my Friends List and Block them.

The amount of times a noob has messed up my battle pales in comparison to the many instances where I, or someone weaker than myself, was able to play the game and keep us all working as a team. In fact, I'd say that when fighting any Celestian creature (Especially ones like Cuthalla), people who have no Text Chat (A.K.A. 'Mutes') are much more dangerous to the team because communication is severely limited.


Menu chat people only are a liability if they don't know the bosses cheat.
Low level people are a liability if they don't have the right cards.

How exactly am I supposed to fight Cuthalla if there is a level 12 in our fight?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
boominn wrote:
Luvas wrote:
Obviously KI has no problem with lower-leveled wizards in later Worlds, otherwise they would have acted on the issue.

I really don't see the problem here. I've been able to do countless things in Celestia despite my level because I proved I was useful to the Grandmasters and Legendary Wizards there. Why should I be punished for the actions of the noob who comes in due to the irresponsibility of another Wizard? When someone with no merit appears in my battle, I confront them about it, and if they fail to respond I remove them from my Friends List and Block them.

The amount of times a noob has messed up my battle pales in comparison to the many instances where I, or someone weaker than myself, was able to play the game and keep us all working as a team. In fact, I'd say that when fighting any Celestian creature (Especially ones like Cuthalla), people who have no Text Chat (A.K.A. 'Mutes') are much more dangerous to the team because communication is severely limited.


Typical that you would NOT see the problem because YOU are the problem.


exactly people that dont agree are the people doing it

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
boominn wrote:
Luvas wrote:
Obviously KI has no problem with lower-leveled wizards in later Worlds, otherwise they would have acted on the issue.

I really don't see the problem here. I've been able to do countless things in Celestia despite my level because I proved I was useful to the Grandmasters and Legendary Wizards there. Why should I be punished for the actions of the noob who comes in due to the irresponsibility of another Wizard? When someone with no merit appears in my battle, I confront them about it, and if they fail to respond I remove them from my Friends List and Block them.

The amount of times a noob has messed up my battle pales in comparison to the many instances where I, or someone weaker than myself, was able to play the game and keep us all working as a team. In fact, I'd say that when fighting any Celestian creature (Especially ones like Cuthalla), people who have no Text Chat (A.K.A. 'Mutes') are much more dangerous to the team because communication is severely limited.


Typical that you would NOT see the problem because YOU are the problem.


exactly people that dont agree are the people doing it


That's not true at all.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
62
Willowdreamer wrote:
Well, I don't see the problem, either, but I almost never join battles in higher worlds when my wizards are there. What I do is have two accounts, and use the higher level wizards on one to allow the lower level wizards on another to access higher worlds for purposes of crafting. The only real benefit to crafted gear in the lower worlds is to get it crafted early, BEFORE normal access.

I don't want anyone to limit my access as a paid subscriber, nor do I believe in a "world lock" or "battle lock" that keeps getting proposed time and again. This is a GAME. Sometimes there are "not-so-good" players, but most of the time it's absolutely NOT A PROBLEM. So you lost one battle out of a hundred - GET OVER IT!

Maybe they should make a realm just for complainers who can't seem to get along with others, and limit their access so no one else can be there. They can call it the Twilight Zone.


Just a little info here I am also a full paying member that has worked my way thru all the quests in all the zones to get where I am at now. If i am trying to defeat Cuthalla and lower lvl wizrds join the battle yea there is a problem because they make him shield up time and time again making it almost impossible to defeat him. By the way I dont have a problem with the not-so-good players that EARNED their way to where they are at. It is the ones who have NOT that I have a problem with.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
335
Luvas wrote:
Obviously KI has no problem with lower-leveled wizards in later Worlds, otherwise they would have acted on the issue.

The amount of times a noob has messed up my battle pales in comparison to the many instances where I, or someone weaker than myself, was able to play the game and keep us all working as a team. In fact, I'd say that when fighting any Celestian creature (Especially ones like Cuthalla), people who have no Text Chat (A.K.A. 'Mutes') are much more dangerous to the team because communication is severely limited.


Everytime we don't like something we threaten to quit. Well quit already.

I don't have a problem with low levels in Celestia. The fact of the matter is, at the end of the day, they will HAVE to do the main quests in order to get to Celestia on their own.

I have 5 legendary wizards and one level 20 and my friends still ask me to port to them in Celestia because we just wanna hang out and chat while they kill the mobs. I DO NOT enter fights because I know I will lose.

I need to port to other worlds I do not have access to, primarily for crafting reasons. In case you didn't know, you need to craft the gear that is in the NEXT world for your wizard so you have to be crafting one world ahead every step of the way. The only way to do that is to port to a friend. If a low level join your duel: view house.

I do agree with Luvas, a player with menu chat is far more dangerous that a low level with text/open chat. This is because you cannot communicate with them and so they are just doing their own thing when it should be a team effort....

FYI, you get called a noob whether you are level 1 or level 60. The word is over used and redundant and I think KI should ban that word.


Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
44
Hey some weaker wizards like to go to Celestia and Dradonspyre.

Mason Sandtamer lvl 21 balance wizard in the Tomb of Storms
Mess with me and you'll be eating squorpions for breakfast!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
wms10 wrote:
Hey some weaker wizards like to go to Celestia and Dradonspyre.

Mason Sandtamer lvl 21 balance wizard in the Tomb of Storms
Mess with me and you'll be eating squorpions for breakfast!


You totally missed the point of the whole arguement...

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
62
wms10 wrote:
Hey some weaker wizards like to go to Celestia and Dradonspyre.

Mason Sandtamer lvl 21 balance wizard in the Tomb of Storms
Mess with me and you'll be eating squorpions for breakfast!


LOL REALLY give me a break.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
NicoUzumaki wrote:
Luvas wrote:
Obviously KI has no problem with lower-leveled wizards in later Worlds, otherwise they would have acted on the issue.

The amount of times a noob has messed up my battle pales in comparison to the many instances where I, or someone weaker than myself, was able to play the game and keep us all working as a team. In fact, I'd say that when fighting any Celestian creature (Especially ones like Cuthalla), people who have no Text Chat (A.K.A. 'Mutes') are much more dangerous to the team because communication is severely limited.


Everytime we don't like something we threaten to quit. Well quit already.

I don't have a problem with low levels in Celestia. The fact of the matter is, at the end of the day, they will HAVE to do the main quests in order to get to Celestia on their own.

I have 5 legendary wizards and one level 20 and my friends still ask me to port to them in Celestia because we just wanna hang out and chat while they kill the mobs. I DO NOT enter fights because I know I will lose.

I need to port to other worlds I do not have access to, primarily for crafting reasons. In case you didn't know, you need to craft the gear that is in the NEXT world for your wizard so you have to be crafting one world ahead every step of the way. The only way to do that is to port to a friend. If a low level join your duel: view house.

I do agree with Luvas, a player with menu chat is far more dangerous that a low level with text/open chat. This is because you cannot communicate with them and so they are just doing their own thing when it should be a team effort....

FYI, you get called a noob whether you are level 1 or level 60. The word is over used and redundant and I think KI should ban that word.



That is well put. Several years ago, there was this big "discussion phase" about that word. Some people proposed to have it banned, which I think it should, because it can effectively be viewed as a curse word by more sensitive people, and some argued that it was a normal, harmless word.

Well, apparently, it was not banned, because I still see it, rather actively, floating around today.

Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
58
NicoUzumaki wrote:
I need to port to other worlds I do not have access to, primarily for crafting reasons. In case you didn't know, you need to craft the gear that is in the NEXT world for your wizard so you have to be crafting one world ahead every step of the way. The only way to do that is to port to a friend. If a low level join your duel: view house.


This is an absolute LIE. I've been crafting since the inception and was able to go through them world by world. When I was in Krok, I was able to get the stuff there, Marleybone, same thing.

I've NEVER ported ahead with any of my 2 Legendary or 3 Grands and have had no problem whatsoever crafting or needing to "jump ahead" to fulfill crafting missions.

What you are insinuating is that you need Scrap Metal for Krok craftings or Black Lotus for Marleybone quests which is utter bull.

People need to stop making excuses for this behavior because it's pathetic. If you want access to a certain area, do the leg work and get there yourself. It's not hard to do.

The main problem here is that people like you are LAZY and want to have other people do all the work for them so they can level up faster and cheat their way through the game. That's ALL it is. Period. End of discussion. Thanks for coming. Try the veal.

What you're doing is saying "It's ok that I was speeding officer. I was late." Porting ahead to areas you haven't unlocked yet is CHEATING, no matter what your excuse, and I've heard several. From "I'm trying to get gold so I can buy something at the baazar" to your "I'm porting ahead to finish the crafting missions." They're all cheating. If you're gold farming, you're essentially making other people do the work so you can get gold quicker. How is that fair? Lower levels cannot help grands or legends, especially in Celestia. You may think you can, but you're more of a detriment. Even life wizards. Yes, you may have Satyr, but so do most of us. I'd rather have a Life wizard with Dryad and Rebirth.

Another excuse I'm shockingly heard is "I'm trying to get equipment for my other character." This one I've sadly heard multiple times. If you're trying to get equipment for another character.....GET ON THAT CHARACTER! Is this really that hard? Why would you sign on as a Level 15 wizard to get something for a Level 55 wizard, when you can just sign on as the Level 55 wizard and get it yourself?

Again, it's just laziness no matter how you cut it and KingsIsle needs to put an end to it. If it upsets you because you can't port ahead to complete missions you have no business attempting in the first place, maybe you should take a look in the mirror before you say it's not a problem.

Hero
May 27, 2009
757
Eventually the novelty will wear off and those younger/lower level wizards will HAVE to go back to their questing, or they'll get bored and move on to other games.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
24
Ok, so here is my take on the situation. What ever happened to asking if they can join the battle? The lower lvl wizards ask, you say no I am good, they move on and start their own battle. That would work in the perfect world, but this is not the perfect world. I would turn off my port and then lower lvls couldnt show up if it is someone you know. If it isnt someone you know and they join the battle, just keep playing, more then likely the lower lvl wizard will be defeated and you can keep fighting as if nothing ever happened.
Calamity Wildheart
Grandmaster Balance


Defender
Dec 24, 2009
188
Lower levels cannot help grands or legends, especially in Celestia. You may think you can, but you're more of a detriment. Even life wizards. Yes, you may have Satyr, but so do most of us. I'd rather have a Life wizard with Dryad and Rebirth.

I disagree with you here. Life wizards get Dryad at level 38 (Magus). That's still "low" according to most snooty Grandmaster and Legendaries complaining about "low levels" running around Celestia. Also, for the pip cost, Rebirth isn't always the best healing spell to use when there's only two people in a battle. Rebirth is much better suited to having three or four in a battle. This comes from my Legendary Life Wizard's experience.

I had a very low level wizard (Journeyman) who helped my Grandmaster Storm out a lot. He was a fire wizard, but he buffed me, shielded me, healed me and took out shields on the enemy for me with a storm wand. In effect, he acted like a Balance wizard. Oddly, he only had menu chat to boot! He was a very worthwhile friend to have, even though he was something like 20-30 levels lower than me at the time. He spared me having to do some of those round or pip-wasting spells, so I could focus on attacking. We worked very well as a team.

The problem is NOT being lower level. The problem is lack of experience, lack of willingness to work as a team, and sometimes, lack of chat options.

Frankly, some of the worst people I've had the pain of fighting with were Grandmasters who wanted to hog the "kill shot" at the expense of other players, used up traps with low level spells, refused to heal others even when they could, or in other ways showed themselves to be selfish or foolish.

Rudeness, selfishness and idiocy can be found at every level, even among some Legendaries.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
62
I have less that 10 people on my friends list and all are grandmasters or higher. I am very picky about who I friend so I can honestly say I AM NOT causing the problem at all.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
Oh my goodness.

Its really not about you exploring the world. We have all done this with one wizard or another. Its about jumping into a fight then doing nothing or EVEN WORSE using 4 pip or 5 pip spells. DS can not tolerate this because the MOBs are too storng so what makes anyone think that Celestia is better?

Second if I am fighting likelihood is that I am trying to complete a Quest low levels are there simply to power level, expensive drops to sell and nothing else. I RARELY see a low level fight alone, and when I have they call a gang of friends to help them.

The point being made isnt about you being in the commons to SEE the worlds but you should not be able to port to someone on a battleground. Its just not fair, or polite (if that makes a difference).

I realize this is a kids game and kids dont like too many rules, that said. If your rules imply that one should be courtious (and the do) then you should re-enforce this policy gently. Simply add a sign with the headmaster explaing that the young wizard is amibous but not ready yet for the next world.

Give them access to the commons in ports, but beyoung that it isn't necessary. I read a lot of post where lower levels claim they can hold thier own. And I get that! Still, if they are so great why are they trying to skik quests and power level?

Let's face it the reason any lower level wants to jump worlds is hopes of getting into a fight for larger drops and exp points. Which defeats the purpose of the game.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
258
Willowdreamer wrote:
Well, I don't see the problem, either, but I almost never join battles in higher worlds when my wizards are there. What I do is have two accounts, and use the higher level wizards on one to allow the lower level wizards on another to access higher worlds for purposes of crafting. The only real benefit to crafted gear in the lower worlds is to get it crafted early, BEFORE normal access.

I don't want anyone to limit my access as a paid subscriber, nor do I believe in a "world lock" or "battle lock" that keeps getting proposed time and again. This is a GAME. Sometimes there are "not-so-good" players, but most of the time it's absolutely NOT A PROBLEM. So you lost one battle out of a hundred - GET OVER IT!

Maybe they should make a realm just for complainers who can't seem to get along with others, and limit their access so no one else can be there. They can call it the Twilight Zone.


XD good idea. that way everyone else who doesnt complain can finally have some peace and quiet away from the crybabies. ooh and if you get into the "Twilight Zone" place, you could hear that creepy music as you enter. lol

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
258
Freshta wrote:
Lower levels cannot help grands or legends, especially in Celestia. You may think you can, but you're more of a detriment. Even life wizards. Yes, you may have Satyr, but so do most of us. I'd rather have a Life wizard with Dryad and Rebirth.

I disagree with you here. Life wizards get Dryad at level 38 (Magus). That's still "low" according to most snooty Grandmaster and Legendaries complaining about "low levels" running around Celestia. Also, for the pip cost, Rebirth isn't always the best healing spell to use when there's only two people in a battle. Rebirth is much better suited to having three or four in a battle. This comes from my Legendary Life Wizard's experience.

I had a very low level wizard (Journeyman) who helped my Grandmaster Storm out a lot. He was a fire wizard, but he buffed me, shielded me, healed me and took out shields on the enemy for me with a storm wand. In effect, he acted like a Balance wizard. Oddly, he only had menu chat to boot! He was a very worthwhile friend to have, even though he was something like 20-30 levels lower than me at the time. He spared me having to do some of those round or pip-wasting spells, so I could focus on attacking. We worked very well as a team.

The problem is NOT being lower level. The problem is lack of experience, lack of willingness to work as a team, and sometimes, lack of chat options.

Frankly, some of the worst people I've had the pain of fighting with were Grandmasters who wanted to hog the "kill shot" at the expense of other players, used up traps with low level spells, refused to heal others even when they could, or in other ways showed themselves to be selfish or foolish.

Rudeness, selfishness and idiocy can be found at every level, even among some Legendaries.


i agree completely. too bad all the other snooty, selfish, rude people cant. your non-chat friend and you battling together effectively just goes to show that even low levels/non-chats CAN be useful. its the ones that really ARE lazy that are the problem. and not just lazy low levels too, but the higher level ones who think they can free load off of people just because they got nearly to all of their quests done or who think they're better than everyone else just because they're level 50-60.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
2
I have no problem with lower level wizards in higher level places. I go to places I shouldn't be with my lower level characters. HOWEVER, when I do this, I Always go there with a Real Life friend, and we do all our battles together, while we're sitting next to one another in the same room. I Always ask permission before entering a battle with someone in a higher level place. (unless of course, I am accidentally sucked off of a sidewalk) I think a much better option than banning players from the high level places, would be to add an option when you're in battle, to require other players to get permission from the ORIGINAL person who went into that battle, before they are allowed to join.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
63
wms10 wrote:
Hey some weaker wizards like to go to Celestia and Dradonspyre.

Mason Sandtamer lvl 21 balance wizard in the Tomb of Storms
Mess with me and you'll be eating squorpions for breakfast!

srsly he has a point. Have any of you even thought about the person who is doing all this porting to other worlds. You may not like it but you cant just try to keep someone from power lvling or going to a world they have not accessed yet due to the fact that almost all wizards that do it have been called by friends. And unless a noob just somehow goes into your battle and because of that you just had to post about it then i dont see the big deal. And before you ask i am a leagend.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
71
Willowdreamer wrote:
Well, I don't see the problem, either, but I almost never join battles in higher worlds when my wizards are there. What I do is have two accounts, and use the higher level wizards on one to allow the lower level wizards on another to access higher worlds for purposes of crafting. The only real benefit to crafted gear in the lower worlds is to get it crafted early, BEFORE normal access.

I don't want anyone to limit my access as a paid subscriber, nor do I believe in a "world lock" or "battle lock" that keeps getting proposed time and again. This is a GAME. Sometimes there are "not-so-good" players, but most of the time it's absolutely NOT A PROBLEM. So you lost one battle out of a hundred - GET OVER IT!

Maybe they should make a realm just for complainers who can't seem to get along with others, and limit their access so no one else can be there. They can call it the Twilight Zone.


Speaking of one in a hundred, you seem to be the one in a MILLION player who DOESNT have a problem with this lol. where i respect the fact that your not joining other peoples fights and are only world jumping for the purpose of crafting, you have to recognize for alot of players this IS an issue. People would not be proposing world locks fight locks and stuff of this sort if there was no problem to begin with. As for one in a hundred fights.......no. one in a hundred is a little less than what actually happens. I'm guessing you have not had this happen to you much if at all because your clearly not seeing the issue. I have actually had to set my own level limit to my friends list because of these issues. Anyone under level 30 (or in mooshu) doesnt get on my list, no matter how cool they are. People of lower levels are a liability to higher level players who are in Celestia fighting enemies who can crush them within a good 10-20 rounds. Especially at the start of CL where this problem really shows. So please, look at the issue at hand here. There is one wether you wanna believe there is or not.

Ryan FrostShard - Legend of the Ice Arts

1