Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is pathetic.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2010
KI needs to purchase more bandwidth or change ISP/Hosts.

I have a high speed 100MBPS fiber optic internet connection all the way and Wizard101 since school let out acts like it was being played on dialup because of so many people engaging the servers.

KI can't handle the load so it's time for KI to upgrade because that is where the traffic jam is. It certainly is not with my ISP.

I would probably have to fight to play if I had a T1 line on my house.

It's called lag. A real game killer.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
jaronuts wrote:
KI needs to purchase more bandwidth or change ISP/Hosts.

I have a high speed 100MBPS fiber optic internet connection all the way and Wizard101 since school let out acts like it was being played on dialup because of so many people engaging the servers.

KI can't handle the load so it's time for KI to upgrade because that is where the traffic jam is. It certainly is not with my ISP.

I would probably have to fight to play if I had a T1 line on my house.

It's called lag. A real game killer.

Switch realms and stay out of WC during the busy times. I have a DSL connection, and I am having no problem if I follow those two rules.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I don't believe it's bandwidth, since the forums and website load quickly: it's probably server issues, probably due to the pet update. It might be hardware and/or possibly software related. Whichever it is, the servers can't handle the load. KingsIsle will probably need to get stronger and/or more hardware or rewrite the program to be more robust.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Lol. I have seven different connections to the internet at my house ranging from 1gig symmetrical down to 500k (not including dial-up, which I haven't used for years), and have problems only on the 500k link. It's not a problem with KingsIsle, its probably that your 100meg link has been maxed out by your provider. Remember, 100 meg to your house is one thing, but it is shared by everyone else once it hits the hub site where all the other 100 meg connections join. Sounds like a service provider problem to me.

Rogan Firehammer

Defender
Dec 11, 2008