Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The shared bank between characters on the same acc

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Supposedly it's coming in a few weeks. What about characters on linked accounts that aren't technically the same account because of the 6 characters per account limit?

It surely isn't a coincidence that the cap on the number of characters per account is one less than the number of classes. Presumably KingsIsle wanted to get more revenue from people who play the game more. That's understandable.

What's not so understandable is if spreading characters across multiple linked accounts means that you get restrictions on passing stuff between your own characters that wouldn't be there if you put all your characters on one account. That would mean that players who pay more get restrictions on trading with themselves that players who pay less don't have to deal with.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
from what i read on the shared stuff its only going to be crown items and don't know bout you, but the only other option after you out grew an outfit was to store it forever or sell it and crown cost to much to just simply sell it

Administrator
Don't jump to conclusions.

All items, drop or crown, can be shared between characters on the same account unless they have been flagged as 'No Trade'. The item description will show whether or not an item can be placed in your Shared Bank.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Gamma wrote:
All items, drop or crown, can be shared between characters on the same account unless they have been flagged as 'No Trade'.

But that misses the point of the thread. What if the characters are on linked accounts, but not actually the same account, because they couldn't be on the same account due to the character limits?

Administrator
Items cannot be shared between accounts.

One shared bank per account log in.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Is there any reason why I won't be able to send something from one of my characters to another of my own characters apart from it being a pain to code?

And "no trade" items? Is this going to be like some other games where you can send items from one character to another, unless it's a good item that you might actually want on another character, in which case it will be marked "no trade"?

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Would it be possible to set it where people under the family account plans to share the bank between them?

It would still prevent from people not having to work for the equipment. If can't may I ask why not? (Sorry ain't trying to be picky. Its great that y'all are at least letting us do it between one account, just curious)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Gamma wrote:
Don't jump to conclusions.

All items, drop or crown, can be shared between characters on the same account unless they have been flagged as 'No Trade'. The item description will show whether or not an item can be placed in your Shared Bank.

Is it possible to know what Items (or types of Items) will be flagged as 'No Trade'?

Thanks,
Dustin Sandcaster
Grandmaster Conjurer

Explorer
May 22, 2008
Well, I personally have no complaints or whining to do. Super excited about the new feature, keep it coming KI!

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I am so glad they are going to implement this. I've got all kinds of crown items sitting around collecting dust from my lvl 50 wiz, and my others could use it if they could only get to it. And I got a life robe drop from Malistaire that I can't use for my death wiz, but can pass on to my life wiz when she reaches lvl 50. I am definitely eagerly awaiting this new add-on.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Quizzical wrote:

What's not so understandable is if spreading characters across multiple linked accounts means that you get restrictions on passing stuff between your own characters that wouldn't be there if you put all your characters on one account. That would mean that players who pay more get restrictions on trading with themselves that players who pay less don't have to deal with.

I agree with this, I own two accounts. 1 is personal the others is for my kids, I pay for it why cant both use one bank? . I understand that you dont want people to trade with other people but if the accounts are linked then I dont see the problem.

Mr.swiftcaster

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Does anyone know how much longer until the shared bank comes out? Will it be announced?

Administrator
It still has to go through an internal testing stage, and yes don't worry, it will be announced well in advance. :-D

Maryanne20 wrote:
Does anyone know how much longer until the shared bank comes out? Will it be announced?

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
It would be great if the shared bank was available under the family account plan. My kids are discouraged because they are not acquiring better items or leveling up as quickly since they do not have the same strategy skills as me or my spouse. It is hard for them to join us in quests and fights since they run out of life or have mediocre spells available.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2008

Please tell me Gamma that we will be able to share treasure cards. I hope so I get mutate cards all the time on my characters that do not have the spells. It would be nice to be able to shift to one that can use it :-)

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
Gamma wrote:

As a few others have asked for in this thread, if you guys would reconsider and make it so that family accounts could also be included for shared banking it would be much appreciated.

Since the game is meant to be enjoyed by the whole family being able to swap items between family accounts would just add to the enjoyability.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Martinmas wrote:
Gamma wrote:

As a few others have asked for in this thread, if you guys would reconsider and make it so that family accounts could also be included for shared banking it would be much appreciated.

Since the game is meant to be enjoyed by the whole family being able to swap items between family accounts would just add to the enjoyability.

Sure, it would be nice to be able to log on my account, dump a bunch of stuff I found into a box, then log on with another account and go to that same box and get the gear that was just stored. Problem is, when you log out of that account, how do you communicate that information to the other account that you are about to open up? It sounds like a programming nightmare. Wouldn't it be easier to enable "Trade Items" instead of just Treasure Cards, for those clients that have permissions to trade with people on their Friends List? That way, you can trade between your accounts and your kids. We have three computers networked at our home and it would be nice if I could give my kids my discards.
I know when I first started playing, I saved a bunch of stuff for another character that I planned on building at a later date. When I finally started the other character and checked the stash box, it was empty. So, for right now, I would be very happy if I could access the same stash box with all my characters on the same account.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Gamma wrote:

It would be nice to be able to share between accounts, but then the dark side of the online gaming industry comes out. Perhaps, if they allowed trading between accounts that have the same IP addresses or something to that effect. That way, the family that plays together, can trade together?

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
KI already knows which accounts are linked, because they are paid for by the same person/credit card.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
I am truly glad to hear about shared bank within the account. I dont understand why there will be no trade items. You cannot trade with another person on a different account so why will there be no trade items. If my life wizard loots a really nice balanced or storm robe or something, I should be able to give it to my balanced or storm wizards.

Without being able to sell items to people on other accounts I fail to see the need to label anything no trade. If you can't sell a nice item to another person or share gold between your own characters, there's no reason at all to have no drop items.

Survivor
May 28, 2008
One, I also would love to share within family accounts. (reinforces people to buy family accounts)

Two, This is a great idea. Encourages people to start other wizards.
(And remember at KingsIsle time spent is money)

Three, (at the risk of being a prude) I presume that even if you have to stay within a one account stable of wizards. Boy wizards will be able to get stuff stored in the girls dorm and vice versa. If not, you should allow trade outside the dorm area.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
This raises an interesting question: If my girl wizard buys a dress with great stats and later hands it down to my boy wizard, will it turn into guy clothes when he puts it on? What if my guy wizard has gear in a color that isn't available on girl gear (like dark orange), will it change to one of the girls' colors when my girl wizard puts it on?

Administrator
Yes to both questions.
Wizard clothing is magical and appears differently on male Wizards and female Wizards. The colors only available to certain genders will change to accommodate the gender of the Wizard wearing the clothing.

So yes, the outfit will look different on male and female wizards and the colors will be different as well.

susume wrote:
This raises an interesting question: If my girl wizard buys a dress with great stats and later hands it down to my boy wizard, will it turn into guy clothes when he puts it on? What if my guy wizard has gear in a color that isn't available on girl gear (like dark orange), will it change to one of the girls' colors when my girl wizard puts it on?

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
When exactly is this Update going to happen?

Survivor
May 22, 2008
Is it possible to know what Items (or types of Items) will be flagged as 'No Trade'?

Good question! I've heard that pets and end-game items from DS are set for 'No Trade'. :(