Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The PvP Boosting.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2012
Hello,
I know ki try to Fix PvP Boosting.
But its not fixed yet.
I have seen richard skull and many other boosting in pvp.
How they do it? they got like 6 account or more.
all join 3v3 or 4v4. and lost on one side.

Please do not allow Boosting rank as Real rank.

Thanks for reading. hopefully you try to fix it.
That is if KI care about fixing it.

also "changing channel to public to private" crashes the games.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
It would seem KI does want to fix this, the problem being the solution is not as easy as they had hoped. Honestly I do not see a way to prevent it given the current population of ranked pvp. A couple of ideas which may help some:

1. Raise the minimum level to start pvp, people could not continually create level 1s delete them and make another.

2 Implement a scoring system like in Pirate101, where the rank you gain or lose per match depends on your rank and your opponent's rank. This would help slow down boosting a bit as you would gain rank more slowly going against your own sub 0 privates.

Neither would cure the issue, but perhaps slow it down a bit.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2012
well,
that's a great start.
there should new system that verify your rank.
and drop it if you boosted in the game. and give you temporary
5-30min break from pvp on that account. not one char.

Lets Hope for Real PvP and not boosting.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2016
hi uh I get scared when I get reports I was just asking what amount are you allowed to have

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Realistically, there probably is no way to prevent boosting short of monitoring every match played, and that just isn't remotely feasible either.

So instead of trying to devise code that will track such matches, why not just review the data of a few of top players on the leaderboards every so often (just to say kingsisle did their diligence) and if the matches that have been played are with the same accounts repeatedly, or have a bunch of one round fights, then simply edit their rank off the boards.

Perhaps even code it so those accounts matches aren't counted on the leaderboards ever again. That way they can boost till their hearts content but it's never reflected on the boards.

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
Here is a thought how about instead of posting a video of the boosters on youtube, how about report them. RICHARD IS SUCH A CHEATER!!!! How has KI not banned him yet???? Literally there is like 100 videos on youtube of him boosting!

CONNOR LEGENDBANE 120
CONNOR FROSTGLADE 14

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
SamuelSpirit on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
well,
that's a great start.
there should new system that verify your rank.
and drop it if you boosted in the game. and give you temporary
5-30min break from pvp on that account. not one char.

Lets Hope for Real PvP and not boosting.
How is KI going to know someone is boosting as opposed to just playing against someone in the same household, seems to me it is a very difficult thing to prove which is why we see no sanctions for it.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
SamuelSpirit on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
Hello,
I know ki try to Fix PvP Boosting.
But its not fixed yet.
I have seen richard skull and many other boosting in pvp.
How they do it? they got like 6 account or more.
all join 3v3 or 4v4. and lost on one side.

Please do not allow Boosting rank as Real rank.

Thanks for reading. hopefully you try to fix it.
That is if KI care about fixing it.

also "changing channel to public to private" crashes the games.
KI is taking action against boosting.

Did you happen to notice that Richard's rank was reset?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
jester094 on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:

That is only going to help the people who are grossly over ranking, there are many boosters in the 3k+ range that will never be found out

Personally I think this issue is a distraction from helping resolve bigger problems with PVP, I mean everyone and his brother has made a video on Richard by now, but what about the rest of problems in PVP?

Lets face facts 90% of the people who PVP will never make the leaderboards anyway, I still say KI should put their efforts into growing the population of PVP in generally and that would go a long way to solving some of the issues people have such as unfair matches and yes even boosting, would not be so easy to face yourself if there were people actually doing pvp. While I am on that soap box, why have level 1 pvp, its ridiculous!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
jester094 on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:

Tee Hee, I did

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
It would seem KI does want to fix this, the problem being the solution is not as easy as they had hoped. Honestly I do not see a way to prevent it given the current population of ranked pvp. A couple of ideas which may help some:

1. Raise the minimum level to start pvp, people could not continually create level 1s delete them and make another.

2 Implement a scoring system like in Pirate101, where the rank you gain or lose per match depends on your rank and your opponent's rank. This would help slow down boosting a bit as you would gain rank more slowly going against your own sub 0 privates.

Neither would cure the issue, but perhaps slow it down a bit.
Raising the level to join PvP is a FANTASTIC solution.
So simple and could alleviate some current problems -

Great Idea, Jasmine !

let's hope K I reads your suggestion; maybe you should start a new thread about raising the level to participate - I think the pvp community would cheer it on, except for the cheaters

(sheesh, you have to be at least level 5 just to tour a house, LOL).

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SilverbackMonkey on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
Raising the level to join PvP is a FANTASTIC solution.
So simple and could alleviate some current problems -

Great Idea, Jasmine !

let's hope K I reads your suggestion; maybe you should start a new thread about raising the level to participate - I think the pvp community would cheer it on, except for the cheaters

(sheesh, you have to be at least level 5 just to tour a house, LOL).
Both of you may be onto something! PvP should have a lower limit, like level 10-15. Everything else is level restricted.

Level 5 for castle tours?
Level 7 for fishing?
Level 8 for pets?
Level 10 for tournaments?
Level 12 for gardening?
Level 15 for housing?

And then level 1 for PvP....? That makes no sense. It should be restricted to level 10 and above, just like Tournaments.

Alia Misthaven

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Freshta on Jul 22, 2017 wrote:
Both of you may be onto something! PvP should have a lower limit, like level 10-15. Everything else is level restricted.

Level 5 for castle tours?
Level 7 for fishing?
Level 8 for pets?
Level 10 for tournaments?
Level 12 for gardening?
Level 15 for housing?

And then level 1 for PvP....? That makes no sense. It should be restricted to level 10 and above, just like Tournaments.

Alia Misthaven
Huzzah to that