Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Poor Forgotten Level 1 Spells...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
I have been really enjoying this game and recently made it to Marleybone. Along the way I have learned a bunch of new spells each of which has allowed me to try out new decks and strategies.

Unfortunately, one thing I have noticed is how completely useless the level 1 spells become after a wizard gets to level 25 or so. The main reason is that at that level, wand spells deal about as much damage, have 100% accuracy, and cost 0 pips! There is no reason to include level 1's in your deck anymore!

I understand that these are introductory spells and that enemies will still use them, but I can't help but wonder that if they had some other minor bonus that they might still be viable even later on in the game.

I was thinking perhaps that they could occasionally set mini traps (+10% damage) or mini weakness (-10%) charms and the like. This would also make it more worth it to spend a single training point on another school!

Please post your thoughts on how you think the poor forgotten level 1 spells could be improved. :)

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
I have several spells that just take up space I'd love to get the training point for but since it's my "school" I'm stuck with them.

What they should have is a way to show exactly how the spells work, sometimes words don't help, you have to SEE how they work for you to make a decision on if you want the spell in the first place.

Selling the better spells at the library only makes matters worse. SOMEONE picked those spells to put there, why are they ALL not there?

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
GeeAceOn wrote:
I have been really enjoying this game and recently made it to Marleybone. Along the way I have learned a bunch of new spells each of which has allowed me to try out new decks and strategies.

Unfortunately, one thing I have noticed is how completely useless the level 1 spells become after a wizard gets to level 25 or so. The main reason is that at that level, wand spells deal about as much damage, have 100% accuracy, and cost 0 pips! There is no reason to include level 1's in your deck anymore!

I understand that these are introductory spells and that enemies will still use them, but I can't help but wonder that if they had some other minor bonus that they might still be viable even later on in the game.

I was thinking perhaps that they could occasionally set mini traps (+10% damage) or mini weakness (-10%) charms and the like. This would also make it more worth it to spend a single training point on another school!

Please post your thoughts on how you think the poor forgotten level 1 spells could be improved. :)

And you were hit by Lightning Bats how many times....?

I use 1-Pip spells with my Wand to weed out the smaller "flunkies", while building power for my Finisher Combos on the Bosses. I have as many Dark Sprites in my deck as I do Skeleton Pirates; I just mind the rate of Pip usage, and keep an eye out for anything that helps ups my Power Power Rate or that boost my Incoming Heal rate...

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 37, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")