Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Future of W101 Battle (regarding monster numbe

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Just to make things easier, all of my ideas will be titled The Future of W101 Battle (and then something).

So, this idea is one I've had for a few days:

Many quests require you to defeat and sometimes collect items from monsters. The only disliked part about this is that sometimes you WANT more monsters to fight, when only one or two will enter with just yourself doing the quest, and some people (myself included) feel more comfortable with completing these quests on their own.

Some people, mainly the Masters and Grandmasters, also buzz around highly active areas to gain badges, most of the time joining battles with others to defeat enough to get the badge. This spell could help with that as well.

The proposed idea is that of a spell that will draw in monsters past the limit set for the amount of people, one that would be in treasure card form and sold by the libraries. Attract, as it could be called, would call monsters in as if they were pulled, like many players are from the sidewalks, into the battle. I'll leave a reasonable pip cost and animation to the experts, as well as the element, should there be one (soon to be future topic). The number of monsters, of course, would not exceed the four per battle limit, but would only call in any to fill the limit.

Now, since many people don't "attend" the message boards, or even check to see what's new, a small notice could be posted upon log-on and a small "trial period" could be set to introduce, remove, and review the number of cards that had been purchased, as well as call a few users to give feedback on the card, opposed to the (and I'm really not sure how many people play the test realm) pre-release test realm method. Seems like a lot of work for one card, yes, but such a card will need effort. :-)

Thanks for reading this not-so-short short idea on a single new spell.

Defender
May 08, 2009
I like your concept but some people will not want extra guys to beat. 8)