Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Dreaded 3rd lap Derby glitch

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2009
...happened to me again tonight. Was about 20 seconds ahead of 2nd place when I crossed the finish line but instead of being pulled out of the race, I had to complete a 3rd lap. The other two racers did not, so by the time I finished my 3rd lap I came in 3rd instead of 1st.

Been doing derby since not long after it came out and it's been a part of ranked derby from the very start.

Anyone know why this happens to some and not others? Over the years I've had to run a 3rd lap while everyone runs only 2 at least 30 times but I have some friends who've raced hundreds of times and it's NEVER happened to them. And despite how many times this has happened to me, I cannot say that I've ever seen a pattern. I'm in the lead, but otherwise there is no commonality.

I've submitted at least 5 tickets, maybe as many as 10, to KI support and have never received a "resolution".

Would love to know if anyone else out there has discovered what causes this. Theories gladly accepted!

Casp