Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Crystal Towers

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2010
To do this quest I was assigned to do Loathsome Creepers in The Tower Archives to get a Tower Key. I was messing around in Wizard City with the quest help arrow turned on and knew that is was pointing in the wrong direction, towards the Shopping District, so out of curiosity I followed it.

It ended (it fades out at its destination) at an inaccessible building on Triton Avenue. If you look at the map of Triton, it is the building on the other street but just directly north east of Haunted Cave as the crow flies or directly north of Harvest Lord.

I'm not in Dragonspyre world shouldn't it be pointing towards the World Tree?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It's a known bug, and there are more than a few similar quest instances. It probably has something to do with the way the particular quests were programmed. When it happens, about all you can do is go to the correct world, which is listed on the quest.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
colagada wrote:
It's a known bug, and there are more than a few similar quest instances. It probably has something to do with the way the particular quests were programmed. When it happens, about all you can do is go to the correct world, which is listed on the quest.

I did a little digging and found out that there are (ahem) were Loathsome Creepers on Triton Avenue in Wizard City in Mordecai's Tower (this inaccessible building in question), featuring Baron Mordecai, a rank 4 Death School Boss with 2,000 health who was only available during the "Baron of Nightmares" special Halloween quest.

Baron of Nightmares quest was issued by Jack Hallow who at that time was hanging out by the pond in Wizard City Commons. Jack Hallow also officiated over a whole slew of other related quests at the time.

Event though the event is closed and the door is locked, I can only assume that Baron Mordecai and his Loathsome Creeper minion are still standing in the fight arena inside the building and it is his minion that is having this effect on the quest arrow.

I see no other probable cause.

I assume that fixing this would be as simple as saving their characters and deleting them from Triton Avenue until they are needed again.

That way I think it will then cause the quest arrow to point to the World Tree if you have The Crystal Towers selected on your quest list while you are in Wizard City.