Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"That Area Is Closed" is extremely common?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I don't know if it's merely me (but as I haven't experienced lag on any other places, and there's nothing that could potentially hog bandwidth on my computer..), but I have encountered a lot of "That Area Is Closed" messages recently, usually followed by "Failed to connect to server!" errors that boot me either back to the main menu, or closes the client down entirely.

It happens when I enter dungeons, houses, doors, pet training games, and pretty much anything that involves a change of scenery. I've even had one crash while trying to enter my dorm room!

And the thing is, it doesn't just happen when the game is packed full on the weekends. I've had it happen to me with less than three crowded realms, and the rest on either normal or perfect!

It's gone on for a week now, and I haven't before had any kind of problems playing - not even while the game has been truly slammed by a worldwide population off from work and school and chores thanks to holidays.

... Am I the only one experiencing these errors? Has Mr. Lincoln forgotten to chase the piggles out of the server room again? Did Balestrom try out some new electrical spell and ended up frying the electronics? Or did Morganthe just finally find the way to prevent us from stopping her?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I've had the same problem, and in "perfect" realms as well. I'm pretty sure it's a server issue. All KI tells us to do is "switch to a less crowded realm." So yeah... I think we're on our own here.

You can try sending a report to support.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I might just be lucky, but I haven't had "That Area is Closed" in months.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have started having some of the same problems as well along with a few others that I have already filed a report on with support which will come back that I need to update graphics card or driver.

What they don't seem to understand after reporting the problem so many times, is that I have the latest driver available for my graphics. This game is the only one I have any problems with. The errors are showing up as Wizard101 errors and not computer errors. I had 2 Wizardgraphicalclient crashes yesterday and the same again today. I have run all scans and defrag as well as a free space wiper, re-installed graphics driver and everything else that KI has suggested the last few times I reported the same errors. As to the error files KI has available for us to use, none of those suggestions work either.

The realms are so full on weekends that it is almost impossible to run and if you are trying to run 2 accounts, forget it. I don't have much problem running one wizard but when you are in a difficult area and no friends on, it is nice to be able to bring another of your own wizards on to help your first one.

I have not been able to login and load second account for 2 days now and it is starting to get very frustrating.