Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thanks For Nothing.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2010
I was just doing the quest in Frostholm and needed health and mana because the pig boss with the blueberry juice beat me. I was gone out of the dungeon a minute or two and came back and everything was fine. I won all subsequent fights right up to the open gate to Ivar Anderson and I went to get health and mana and was only gone from the dungeon a minute or two and I come back and the gate is closed the entire quest reset itself from the beginning.

Why?

I can leave that dungeon for 30 minutes if I want to and can even log out for 30 minutes but both times I was only gone out of the dungeon for a minute or two to get health and mana.

All that time wasted. All those fights wasted.

Everything wasted.

To add insult to injury a person can't even make a post on this board without it taking three days for it to show up as a post. Four if it's over a weekend.

THANKS FOR NOTHING.

Administrator
Young Wizard, it depends on how you left. Looks like the first time you left, was because you were defeated.

Logging out, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, or going to another dungeon will reset the Dungeon you started.

Going to a PvP match or going to your Castle or Dorm room will reset the Dungeon.

Changing Realms will reset your Dungeon.

Leaving any other way (including being defeated) gives you 30 minutes to return before it resets.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
May 09, 2009
jaronuts wrote:

To add insult to injury a person can't even make a post on this board without it taking three days for it to show up as a post. Four if it's over a weekend.

That is NOT true. I posted something and 2 seconds later it was up.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Young Wizard, it depends on how you left. Looks like the first time you left, was because you were defeated.

Logging out, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, or going to another dungeon will reset the Dungeon you started.

Going to a PvP match or going to your Castle or Dorm room will reset the Dungeon.

Leaving any other way (including being defeated) gives you 30 minutes to return before it resets.

Dear Professor Greyrose,

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. I too have had a similar experience as this user. I have always wondered why my dungeons have been reset.

I had always assumed that if the application prompted me with a dialog box, I knew I was doing something that would reset the dungeon. It appears that there are ways the user can leave the dungeon, which do not cause a dialog box to be displayed. I know that logging out will prompt you with a dialog box. It would be nice if ANY action which reset the dungeon would prompt with the same dialog box.

Reading your message, it is clear which actions WILL reset the dungeon. Can you help us to define actions which WON'T reset the dungeon, so we know what we can and can't do? For instance, you mention porting to your Castle or Home, but you don't mention the "Commons" button.

Here is a condensed list, as I understand it. If you can correct and/or add to this list for us, that would be helpful.

Y - Log Out
Y - Leave Through Dungeon Entrance
Y - Entering Another Dungeon
Y - Accepting PVP Match
Y - Changing Realms
Y - Home Button

N - Being Defeated In Battle

? - Commons Button
? - Port to Marker Button
? - Fleeing A Battle
? - Running Out of Cards During Battle

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

I left through the front gate that starts the quest.

The dungeon notice at the beginning only relates to "if you leave".

You need to take what you said (paraphrased for length):

"Logging out for more than 30 minutes, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, going to another dungeon, Going to a PvP match or your Castle or Dorm room or Changing Realms will reset your Dungeon."

needs to be added to the dungeon notice at the beginning along with the safe methods of leaving. Adding that much text to the notice isn't going to blow up the game, the notice would just be a bigger square.

By the way, you say if you change realms in a dungeon (maybe you staff testers can do that and think that we can too), I say you aren't permitted to do that in a dungeon anyway so it doesn't apply so shorten it to:

"Logging out for more than 30 minutes, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, going to another dungeon, going to a PvP match or your Castle will reset your Dungeon."

What about teleporting to the commons? You did not mention that. If that is safe change the notice to:

"Logging out for more than 30 minutes, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, going to another dungeon, going to a PvP match or your Castle will reset your Dungeon. The safest way to leave is porting to the commons."

That is not a lot of text to add to the notice and would inform a lot of people of a lot of impending heartache. If I am just now discovering this as a Grand Master after all the dungeons in this game just imagine how this is effecting others.

Also, why can a player port to a person in a dungeon when that person did not originally enter the dungeon with their friend but a player can't mark their spot in a dungeon and go back?

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
jaronuts wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

I left through the front gate that starts the quest.

The dungeon notice at the beginning only relates to "if you leave".

You need to take what you said (paraphrased for length):

"Logging out for more than 30 minutes, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, going to another dungeon, Going to a PvP match or your Castle or Dorm room or Changing Realms will reset your Dungeon."

needs to be added to the dungeon notice at the beginning along with the safe methods of leaving. Adding that much text to the notice isn't going to blow up the game, the notice would just be a bigger square.

By the way, you say if you change realms in a dungeon (maybe you staff testers can do that and think that we can too), I say you aren't permitted to do that in a dungeon anyway so it doesn't apply so shorten it to:

"Logging out for more than 30 minutes, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, going to another dungeon, going to a PvP match or your Castle will reset your Dungeon."

What about teleporting to the commons? You did not mention that. If that is safe change the notice to:

"Logging out for more than 30 minutes, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, going to another dungeon, going to a PvP match or your Castle will reset your Dungeon. The safest way to leave is porting to the commons."

That is not a lot of text to add to the notice and would inform a lot of people of a lot of impending heartache. If I am just now discovering this as a Grand Master after all the dungeons in this game just imagine how this is effecting others.

Also, why can a player port to a person in a dungeon when that person did not originally enter the dungeon with their friend but a player can't mark their spot in a dungeon and go back?

Yes, its very annoying when you have to start your dungeon, (AKA your quest)
at the beginning. I agree. But maybe you should bring friends along just in case? Just saying.... It would be a better idea to bring two friends along either a life friend, or if none are on then just get two friends. In my case you should, after this, bring a potion just in case. :? And if friends aren't online, then just simply do it tomorrow. No rush....

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Yes, its very annoying when you have to start your dungeon, (AKA your quest)
at the beginning. I agree. But maybe you should bring friends along just in case? Just saying.... It would be a better idea to bring two friends along either a life friend, or if none are on then just get two friends. In my case you should, after this, bring a potion just in case. :? And if friends aren't online, then just simply do it tomorrow. No rush....

This instance isn't about bringing along life school friends or potions or needing help.

It is about being locked out of my quest and my dungeon being reset because of the complete lack of warning about my method of leaving the dungeon causing this reset.

Had there been a trigger at the inside of that gate to spawn a warning of this I WOULD NOT HAVE LEFT THAT WAY.

I am Lvl 25 on that Death Wizard. A lvl 25 beating frostholm alone is doing pretty good. This is my second wizard so this time around I know the cards, the fight mechanics, the offense and defense, deck stacking before a fight after noting what school the enemy is, all that jazz.

After dying the first time I beat all the fights in succession at Ivar Anderson area. I fought long and I fought hard, I used up my 2 purple potions, my 4 life fairy's and my 5 sacrifices, it took a long time doing it alone but that's what makes me wizard of the hour.

Every improper exit of a dungeon that will cause a reset should have a warning attached to it.

That is the only solution.

Defender
May 29, 2009
Wh1rledPeas wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Dear Professor Greyrose,

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. I too have had a similar experience as this user. I have always wondered why my dungeons have been reset.

I had always assumed that if the application prompted me with a dialog box, I knew I was doing something that would reset the dungeon. It appears that there are ways the user can leave the dungeon, which do not cause a dialog box to be displayed. I know that logging out will prompt you with a dialog box. It would be nice if ANY action which reset the dungeon would prompt with the same dialog box.

Reading your message, it is clear which actions WILL reset the dungeon. Can you help us to define actions which WON'T reset the dungeon, so we know what we can and can't do? For instance, you mention porting to your Castle or Home, but you don't mention the "Commons" button.

Here is a condensed list, as I understand it. If you can correct and/or add to this list for us, that would be helpful.

Y - Log Out
Y - Accepting PVP Match
Y - Changing Realms
Y - Home Button

? - Commons Button
? - Fleeing A Battle

Home and commons button is 1 and 'Home' or 7

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

In various places I have tested what you have to say so I go to the Ironworks and start the quest by talking to Baxter. Then I go back to the station by the same way I entered, the balloon ride.

I go back through the dungeon entrance and the quest is still intact, it was not reset so that proves that a person can leave the way they entered without resetting the quest.

I pushed it a little further and took the balloon ride back to the station and I changed realms. I go back through the dungeon portal and the quest is still intact, it was not reset.

So you are apparently wrong on those two points.

So either Ironworks is messed up or Frostholm is messed up.

Either way it goes it appears that there is a double standard going on when there needs to be ONE rule.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
neopot39 wrote:
Wh1rledPeas wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Dear Professor Greyrose,

Wh1rledPeas wrote:

Y - Log Out
Y - Accepting PVP Match
Y - Changing Realms
Y - Home Button

? - Commons Button
? - Fleeing A Battle

Home and commons button is 1 and 'Home' or 7

Thank you for the information NeoPot. However, this isn't what I was asking for. I was asking Professor Greyrose if she could confirm exactly what actions will and won't cause the dungeon to be reset.

The actions makred with [Y] above, WILL cause the dungeon to be reset.

The action marked with [N] above, will NOT.

The actions marked with a [?] above, are other actions I could think of that could possibly cause the dungeon to be reset.

I was looking for confirmation on which of these will or won't cause the dungeon to be reset. Additionally, if there are any other ways of leaving a dungeon that I failed to identify, I would certainly be interested in those.

Hope that clears things up a little.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 33 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 25 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 15 (Initiate Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 13 (Initiate Pyromancer)