Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

text bubbles have ....... in them??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2008
Hi,

I am relatively new to this game and have come acrossed a few players that try to talk to me, but only have ....... in their bubbles. Whats going on there? and how do I correct this to see what they are trying to say to me?

Thanks for any help with this.

Kim

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
That means one of three things....

1) they said a word or words that are not approved words for the filter
2) they hit enter accidentally and when they hit it again it sent "nothing"
3) you don't have chat enabled

The first two you can do nothing about.

The third thing: well if you have a free account you can do nothing as the text chat is open only to paid members.

However, if you are a paid member and cannot see text chat, you can go here to your account and turn on text chat (unless an adult has supervision over your account...in which case you will have to get them to turn it on!)

Hope that helps.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2008
Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
Where do you go to enable chat?

We have Open Chat Enabled in the account

Is there a cooldown time between subbing and when acct goes from Trial to Sub fully before we can chat?

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
cherryterri wrote:
Where do you go to enable chat?

We have Open Chat Enabled in the account

Is there a cooldown time between subbing and when acct goes from Trial to Sub fully before we can chat?

same here
how can i type text chat messages?
i still see [...]

Defender
May 28, 2009
Under "My Accounts" you must ensure that all of the chat options are "On". There are prerequisites for higher level chat. You must have the lower level chat enabled in order to have the higher level chat function, even if you have the higher level chat enabled already. Just make sure that Filtered Chat and Open Chat are on.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
When i try to turn text chat on it does not say it will go on? So what do i do to turn it on?

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
wakeyman558 wrote:
When i try to turn text chat on it does not say it will go on? So what do i do to turn it on?
Hey same here theres no "Turn on" button or anything just a ? in a box that says stuff :(

- I found out how yay I didnt see the login parental controls thing =)

Administrator
Text Chat for players with under age 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over age 18.

The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a subscription or crowns with a valid credit card. They will also need to enable the Parental Controls on your account to turn on controlled features such as Gifting and Text Chat.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-