Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Test Realm has effects on game

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I am glad or will be glad when the test realm is closed. In the past weeks while it has been open and in the past times I have noticed that the game does not preform at its best.
By this I mean just what happened tonight. I had a fire blade above my fire wizard and he set off the fire dragon spell. The blade never went off but instead was destroyed by myth earthquake. I just set the dragon off when on next hit myth released earthquake and I saw the blade unused destroyed. I have had instances where shields are not used on a hit, I have had my spells hit at different levels, why would Forest Lord hit at 902 this spin and when next fight comes it hits at 2000, the same hit, no blades just forest lord alone.
I have been in company and those around me notice this also. It seems this happens when the test realm is in opperation.
Maintence work, My Garden will often be full with needs or be ready to harvest elder, and this comes quickly. Day after a maintence, I can expect to see elders needing harvest and I just planted not long ago.
I am not griping or saying these things to cause problems but would like for others to notice things and see if their garden elders quickly after maintence shut downs, or if they notice their hits differing from one fight to next and they are not changing anything.
It doesnt bother me, just I am glad when the test realm closes.

Administrator
When the updates that are on the Test Realm go to the Live Game, the Test Realm is taken offline.

The Live game and the Test realm are hosted on separate servers so can be no impact on performance of the Live game.
Player population peaks in July and August and that may be the culprit of your decreased performance.
Now that it's September, traffic should return to normal.

community@wizard101.com