Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up Timer

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
The new Krampus dungeon is mixing level 10s with much higher levels.
People leave the group immediately.
I'm stuck in there alone.
I end up with a dungeon timer.

Why???

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Its not just with Krampus. This happened to me the other day in Avalon. Used Team up, two of us went in, and the other left me right away. Then I get stuck having to wait for a the timer to count down. I understand and really like that they penalize people for leaving, it just stinks when we get penalized for people leaving us.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Team up always gives you a timer when you do it no matter if you leave or play the full dungeon so if you left along with everyone else you'll get the cool down.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Wish it required a key or something just to get into the Krampus room.
Some people mill around the sigil and then it turns out none have keys. They all repeatedly farm it using other people's keys.

Don't get me wrong it is OK for one person in a group to ask 3 others to join, or for a group to decide each one will use a key once so everyone gets to go in four times, things like that.

But a lot of people will find it hard to confront or say no, once in the Krampus 'feast' room when 3 strangers begin begging them to use their key for them. Since they ARE all strangers, it's possible some of the 3 would leave, after coaxing the other one to use their key.

It is kind of another form of begging or griefing in some situations. I wish there was some way to prevent it. It happens with other key rooms too, but I'm OK with saying no in some cases (such as if everyone else is too low of a level to win the battle, so the key would be wasted), but it does put people on the spot.

Also if a team of four is trying to get in, then the people milling around the sigil jump on it instead, it can be a problem also.

I'm sure some will say it's not a problem, but I know this is an issue for some people. If you have a key you're expected to just host whoever is standing there, or who jumps in on it. If only people who actually possess a key to begin with, can get into the room area, it wouldn't be an issue. After that they'd just need to decide whose key to use.