Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up Kiosk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 05, 2013
I love the team up kiosk but there is a problem with the way it works. When you finish the battle you teamed up for and leave the zone where your quest took place, you will be taken back to Old Town in Wizard City. This is annoying when you want to go to the NPC who gave you the quest to finish it and must now go all the way across the Spiral to get to get there. It's probably easy enough just to let as go outside like normal, right KI?
Does anyone else feel the same?

-Logan FrostStaff

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Logan FS on Mar 27, 2016 wrote:
I love the team up kiosk but there is a problem with the way it works. When you finish the battle you teamed up for and leave the zone where your quest took place, you will be taken back to Old Town in Wizard City. This is annoying when you want to go to the NPC who gave you the quest to finish it and must now go all the way across the Spiral to get to get there. It's probably easy enough just to let as go outside like normal, right KI?
Does anyone else feel the same?

-Logan FrostStaff
Leave a mark. When I'm trying to team-up for a particularly difficult fight I mark the spot first. Then when I access it from the Kiosk I can recall to the mark from Olde Town. Chances are, either you've tried the fight already and found you need help with it - or - you know in advance it's going to be a tough fight. Either way, you've been there. Make it a habit to mark the spot for every upcoming fight and you'll always be able to port back to it to collect the quest. The reason the Kiosk is in Olde Town in the first place is that it's the most logical place for "farmers" to return to to sell off their loot. My opinion is that far more people use the Kiosk for farming than for quest teaming. With that being the case, getting dumped outside the dungeon would be a real inconvenience for the farmers.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2016
I'm very sorry. but it's how it works, I feel the same way and as another person/player said, leave a mark.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2013
Yeah I guess you're right, even though a lot of the loot you get from farming is no trade stuff, it is logical that you would go back to Olde Town considering the the bazaar is there. That's probably why the kiosk was put there in the first place .

Just wanted to voice the inconvenience it can present.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
it has to work that way. The kiosk is recall/the sigil, and when you leave the dungeon, the code in the dungeon has you go back to where you started or to recall.

>This is annoying when you want to go to the NPC who gave you the quest to finish it and must now go all the way across the Spiral to get to get there.

You shouldn't be using the kiosk for dungeons you have as quests. You should be going to the sigil and opening the team up from there. There's no reason why, if you used the kiosk, you should be going to someone to turn anything quest related into after you're done.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
crystalwizard12345... on Apr 3, 2016 wrote:
it has to work that way. The kiosk is recall/the sigil, and when you leave the dungeon, the code in the dungeon has you go back to where you started or to recall.

>This is annoying when you want to go to the NPC who gave you the quest to finish it and must now go all the way across the Spiral to get to get there.

You shouldn't be using the kiosk for dungeons you have as quests. You should be going to the sigil and opening the team up from there. There's no reason why, if you used the kiosk, you should be going to someone to turn anything quest related into after you're done.
This isn't entirely true. There are reasons to use the Kiosk for questing... for instance, if you've just gone through a marathon session of "defeat and collect" missions and have a full backpack, leaving a mark at the sigil and going to the Bazaar for sell-off allows you immediate access to the sigil again without having to travel all the way back. Step outside the Bazaar, join the team-up in the Kiosk, and you've left a mark so after the fight you can recall to the mark to collect the quest.