Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tartarus Drops Are Impossible

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
3
I've farmed Hades and Cronus for about a week and a half now, and I still haven't gotten anything.
I dunno if I had bad luck with drops or what but does anyone know a way to actually get at least one good item from Hades?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
Its just bad luck, not impossible. I have been having a (sort of) similar experience with drops.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
57
Brendan9190 on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
I've farmed Hades and Cronus for about a week and a half now, and I still haven't gotten anything.
I dunno if I had bad luck with drops or what but does anyone know a way to actually get at least one good item from Hades?
It takes a while. It all depends on the drop rates. And believe me, there are no secret methods to collecting the gear. You may have heard a few theories already. I've tried them all. The only thing that works, patience.

Up until a week ago, I was only able to collect the hat on my life and fire wizards that was the upgrade to the lvl 60 gear. I've been farming it since it first came out too. Then, all of a sudden, poof life gets his robe. And when it dropped, I never even hit in the final fight. Just kept everyone alive.

The real key is just make sure you try and get a regular team to go through with (with good players). It will make the trips easier, and the more trips you make, the sooner you will get it.

Steven Hawk - Promethean Fire
Steven - Promethean Life

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
47
Steven Hawk on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
It takes a while. It all depends on the drop rates. And believe me, there are no secret methods to collecting the gear. You may have heard a few theories already. I've tried them all. The only thing that works, patience.

Up until a week ago, I was only able to collect the hat on my life and fire wizards that was the upgrade to the lvl 60 gear. I've been farming it since it first came out too. Then, all of a sudden, poof life gets his robe. And when it dropped, I never even hit in the final fight. Just kept everyone alive.

The real key is just make sure you try and get a regular team to go through with (with good players). It will make the trips easier, and the more trips you make, the sooner you will get it.

Steven Hawk - Promethean Fire
Steven - Promethean Life
The theory that defeating Hades fast enough increases drop rates I think might work. That's supposedly why he shouts "The sands of your time is running out!". The few times I tried/managed this, I got the Helm of Unknown Tartarus(twice, actually), some Poseidon boots, and the Zeus' Garb of Mischief.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
rinkworks on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
The theory that defeating Hades fast enough increases drop rates I think might work. That's supposedly why he shouts "The sands of your time is running out!". The few times I tried/managed this, I got the Helm of Unknown Tartarus(twice, actually), some Poseidon boots, and the Zeus' Garb of Mischief.
That's got nothing to do with drop rates. He repeats that every 5 rounds when he does his DoT cheat attack. Nothing, in any battle, in any dungeon changes drop rates AT ALL. They are completely random and the same for every player in every battle.