Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Take the New Life Henchman Off the Shelves

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
It's the only ethical thing to do--there is obviously a programming problem with this guy. I can't believe KI actually planned to create a henchman for 400 crowns--the henchman that people use the most--that only heals himself. I helped someone today who had paid for one, and I am not kidding--he ONLY ever healed himself. Repeatedly. Over about 8 rounds. This was obviously not intended. It is a glitch, problem, bug, whatever. And until it's resolved, the level 70 Life should not be available. Not everyone reads the forum posts. A lot of players don't know that the henchman is bugged, and they are wasting their crowns. I know KI is looking into the henchman issue, and I commend this. But in my opinion, this henchman should be offline until he's fixed. It's just good business ethics.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I agree i really do, but there are a millions posts of this. Kingisle is doing their best to make Wizard101 the best game in the wizardery spiral (lol) And it takes alot just to fix a henchman. But wait- unlike other games, Kingisle listens to their players :-) And in that, i applaude them for it. Wizard101 has really grown into a beautiful game. But i cant finish this talk- Im going to play some Wizard101

Have a good day.

Alura Mythshade level 50 Necromancer
Calamity OrgeBlossom level 20 Thergist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer
Suri Lightcloud level 6 Diviner

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
It's the only ethical thing to do--there is obviously a programming problem with this guy. I can't believe KI actually planned to create a henchman for 400 crowns--the henchman that people use the most--that only heals himself. I helped someone today who had paid for one, and I am not kidding--he ONLY ever healed himself. Repeatedly. Over about 8 rounds. This was obviously not intended. It is a glitch, problem, bug, whatever. And until it's resolved, the level 70 Life should not be available. Not everyone reads the forum posts. A lot of players don't know that the henchman is bugged, and they are wasting their crowns. I know KI is looking into the henchman issue, and I commend this. But in my opinion, this henchman should be offline until he's fixed. It's just good business ethics.

Be patient Tabby714. KI is already looking into the issue with the level 50, 60, and 70 henchmen. Not only their abilities but also the cost for those henchmen.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
hmm yes it did have a similar problem with the one in test realm, anyways it seems like the sprite minion heals you better that's why its good to be a life wizard. P.S If there is enough complaints about the henchmens KI will fix it

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
Buy more crowns if you run out, it's not the end of the world. 400 crowns is only 40 cents in real world, I have 2 quarters in front of me. :P People complain too much about crown prices. Btw, The ones on the bottom are the low cost ones. The level 30 life heals the most from my results.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Buy more crowns if you run out, it's not the end of the world. 400 crowns is only 40 cents in real world, I have 2 quarters in front of me.

I was not actually complaining about the price. I do feel, as many do, that the henchmen are priced out of most kids' budgets. I am an adult, and have no problem paying 40 cents. But I rarely use henchmen...anyway, my complaint was about the fact that this henchman does not work. He is broken/bugged, and thus not worth any price, because he is not helpful. At all. It's like buying anything that's broken--except that you can't get your crowns back. Again, it's a question of business ethics, not money per se. The price issue has been covered in many other threads, and wasn't my focus here.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
Have to put my hand in and say the poster is spot on, my wife and I trialed it a few times in some long boss battles and it would heal 1 or us every 1/10 spells and when we soloed harder multiple bosses I counted 12 spells of healing, buffing and trapping on itself, then it cast a pixie on me. In the end I killed all the bosses and the lvl 70 life henchie did overall 2 heals, 1 the pixie and secondly a sprite as the final cast after I defeated the last boss with wraith.
The gorilla needs a twinking, all the lower lvl henchie lifers do a better job, I don't care about the crown cost, just the fact the mechanics behind the henchie don't work properly.