Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Swearing?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Ok i am not a happy camper. In that past when i started plaing this game if i didnt add a person they reported me for swearing. Well apparently those counted because i have been muted and suspened recently. And just a few minutes ago at 9:34 pm i got reported for swearing for losing to a storm and a fire. Will i get banned for not swearing? Will they be banned for falsely reporting me? And one other thing KI, in the open chat system there are a few swear words that do not turn red therego you DO allow us to say them so therefore a person would believe they would be allowed to say them and not be reported for it? Well at any rate i hope from this point on you actually check them until you start making accusations because if you ban my second account then thats just dumb because your letting one person ruin the whole game for everybody else and it honestly is starting to make me wanna stop playing.

Administrator
You've been warned, muted and suspended.

As we’ve iterated several times before, wizards are NOT sanctioned blindly, nor as a result of a “false” report.

If you’ve been suspended or banned, it was after a thorough reading and review of your prior history before action was taken.

We've reviewed your chat logs, and again, we found them to be less than appropriate for Wizard101. We’d suggest you take some time to gather your thoughts regarding appropriate chat in a family game environment. As an adult over the age of 18, we’re certain you’ll understand the nuances and appropriateness of the situations.

If you need a refresher of the contents of your inappropriate chat, feel free to contact Mr Lincoln through email at support@wizard101.com and politely ask for your chat log.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
Even saying noob after losing to a storm/fire can be a report-able offense. I'll swallow my pride and admit i've tossed it around without meaning any harm or ill-will, and have been reported for it. As someone who is over 18 and has played many other MMOs I can say sometimes it slips out, as myself and others like me aren't used to the majority youngun population of W101. Of course, this is no excuse and I do not intend to use it as one.

I don't type in any words that come up red, but i've dropped a few yellows without being reported, and I was under the impression that players 13 and under or players without open chat enabled would not see these words.
Can they really report you for saying "..." to them? They have no idea what you said. As far as they know you typed 'frend' instead of 'friend.' At least thats what I thought Bernie's tool tip told me; correct me if i'm wrong.

But as for being reported for not accepting a friend request? Regardless of a customers chat history, it should have no relevance and therefore no affect on existing warnings.
Thankfully I haven't ran in to any of these strangely spiteful wizards.

If there isn't a system in place to warn -> suspend -> ban players who abuse their report button, there should be. We all pay for this game, some more than others. And the majority of these people who report you for saying a rude "..." in chat don't even pay for this game. Their parents do. It's no skin off their back if you get suspended with or without reason. But we're the ones who's bank accounts are still hit when we cant play for a period of time.

Administrator
classact21 wrote:

If there isn't a system in place to warn -> suspend -> ban players who abuse their report button, there should be. We all pay for this game, some more than others. And the majority of these people who report you for saying a rude "..." in chat don't even pay for this game. Their parents do. It's no skin off their back if you get suspended with or without reason. But we're the ones who's bank accounts are still hit when we cant play for a period of time.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions are levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions are levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Thanks for clearing that up Professor! It's good to know actual people look in to this sort of thing. I apologize for any notes of cynicism that may have leaked in to my post, no ill-will intended :)