Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

stuck... grandmaster wizards please help!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
ok so i am doing the quest "wizard tours" ( you know, the quest where you need to get all of the peieces of the dragon rider staff) and i have every peiece except for the one in the ancient burial grounds in mooshu. i have located the building where the obsidean chest is but i cannot go in. so can some gandmaster wizard (or any other wizard that has done this quest) please help me find what quest i need to do to get into that building? and also can you tell me what character gives that quest and where to find them? Thanks for the answers that i get!!! :?

Hero
May 27, 2009
This has come up many times before. You need to have done all of Mossback's quests, starting from Hametsu Village. If you backtrack to where he finally has a yellow question mark, you can pick up from there.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
I also ran into this situation when doing this quest. I honestly dt know how to get in, instead I had a friend of mine go in then I ported to them and got my piece, most of my friends couldn't get in either, each time I was doing that quest I always potted to a friend. All my gm's have done this, sorry I don't have the answer though…

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Have you gone to see Mossback in the Ancient Burial Grounds (he's on your map). You need to visit him and do what he wants.

Hero
May 02, 2009
It seems that the majority of people miss doing mossback's quests, which prevents them from getting the obsidian chest in the Ancient Burial Grounds.

For my wizards, I always try to do all the side quests in whatever world that their currently in. Not only do they give a decent amount of xp, but they also grant access to some bosses and areas that would normally be unaccessible.

I had no problems when I got the wizard tours quest on my grand fire, as I had completed all of the side quests in Mooshu before i got to dragonspyre.

I highly recommend doing the side quests when you can, as you'll not only level up faster, but you'll also have less trouble with quests like wizard tours.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Most people seem to miss the one in the Tree of Life. I would suggest starting there.