Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strangle spell , and Malistairs' chest

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2010

I was curious to find out if my strangle spell was working like it should. I was told on central that strangle should cause the next death spell to dispell and the NPC casting it should lose all pips it took to cast.
Last night when playing Yeva all strangle was doing was causing her to dispell , and not lose pips. The night before against Soulsinger , it was getting him to lose pips , but he was still able to cast high pip spells like pirate in the next round , with one pip showing. Is strangle supposed to remove pips or not ?

Next question is about Malistairs' chest . I played him again last night , Still looking for that level 50 death robe. When he didn't drop it , I decided to try his chest. 8x and all I got was gold each time. Seems a waste to spend all those crowns for gold. Is this common ? and does anyone know why it would occur?

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
hum must be a glitch of some sort there who knows it just might not take pips off of bosses

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
#1) Yes, it is also suppose to make them lose pips (equal to the amount of the card they were going to use). The fact that no pips were removed (in one case), or visibly removed but actually still usable (in the other case) should be reported as a bug to KI

#2) If you are recieving gold from the 2nd chance chests, then your backpack is full. Always make sure you have room in your backpack before using those chests.

Defender
May 31, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:
#1) Yes, it is also suppose to make them lose pips (equal to the amount of the card they were going to use). The fact that no pips were removed (in one case), or visibly removed but actually still usable (in the other case) should be reported as a bug to KI

#2) If you are recieving gold from the 2nd chance chests, then your backpack is full. Always make sure you have room in your backpack before using those chests.

I never stopped to think about having a full backpack. Yeah that is probably why I only got the gold. *sighs* Thanks so much for the reply.

Yeva I am going to try and farm again tonight , and keep a real close eye on those pips and strangle , I want to be without a doubt that she isnt losing pips before reporting anything.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
No its not a bug.. They cast a 0 pip spell. Most likely a blade or trap.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
MsSandy121 wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:

I never stopped to think about having a full backpack. Yeah that is probably why I only got the gold. *sighs* Thanks so much for the reply.

Yeva I am going to try and farm again tonight , and keep a real close eye on those pips and strangle , I want to be without a doubt that she isnt losing pips before reporting anything.

Actually that happened to me (About the Boss Chests) But my backpack wasnt full so I thought if you use the 2nd CHance Chest a certain number of times you just get gold.
~Death the Kid

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
MsSandy121 wrote:

I was curious to find out if my strangle spell was working like it should. I was told on central that strangle should cause the next death spell to dispell and the NPC casting it should lose all pips it took to cast.
Last night when playing Yeva all strangle was doing was causing her to dispell , and not lose pips. The night before against Soulsinger , it was getting him to lose pips , but he was still able to cast high pip spells like pirate in the next round , with one pip showing. Is strangle supposed to remove pips or not ?

Next question is about Malistairs' chest . I played him again last night , Still looking for that level 50 death robe. When he didn't drop it , I decided to try his chest. 8x and all I got was gold each time. Seems a waste to spend all those crowns for gold. Is this common ? and does anyone know why it would occur?
it only makes the spell fizzle it doesnt take out all the pips it must have been a mistake central did