Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strange glitch.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I appreciate the birthday presents, KI. But every time I press X to open one, I get dismounted and have to re-equip.

Can you fix this please?

-v.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Dr Von on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
I appreciate the birthday presents, KI. But every time I press X to open one, I get dismounted and have to re-equip.

Can you fix this please?

-v.
It's not a glitch. You get dismounted so you can do the celebration dance.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
It is actually not a glitch. It happens to all of us. I know, it's really annoying but how else would we be able to dance around if not with our feet on the ground?
Not that I would mind seeing Erin giving a little "5 seconds party" on her Kirin.

Erin FireSword, level 90

Delver
Aug 21, 2013

Can you fix this please?

-v.
This. Exactly this.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
how about a victory dance on our mounts? I know, with all the mounts out there it would be a HUGE task, but still. It could be neat to see a "victory lap on a broom".

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Can you fix this please?

-v.
It's not a glitch - you are celebrating getting your present by doing a happy dance.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
I've never noticed my wizards dance after they open the gifts~ I'll have to watch for it next time.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011

Can you fix this please?

-v.
It is not a glitch, that always happens so you can do a celebration dance. It happens to all of us.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
lol I kinda find this annoying But it's so funny to see your wizard break out into a wizardly dance!

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Lol I find this kinda annoying but it's for a birthday. But It's so funny every time I see my wizard break out into a wizardly dance every time I open a gift

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
While the people are celebrating the "birthday" of Wizards 101 with the yellow present boxes that show up in random areas, I notice that when I "open" the present it takes me off my mount. I can pick up reagents and open silver chests while I still stay on my mount, but not when I open the yellow present boxes. Is this intentional or a bug with the Birthday Celebrations?

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Okay I still think of it as a glitch. When I get on a mount, I want to stay on the mount until I decide to unequip it. Now, it would be one thing if we did the dance and then got back on the mount when starting to move again (temporary dismount) but that's not the case. Also would be one thing if there was a keyboard shortcut to remount the last mount being used (if it's still in our book). Again, not the case.

There is also the lack of consistency. If someone is riding someone else's mount and is the one to open one of the gift boxes, then they remain on that mount. What it comes down to is, you are punished if you are on your own mount and open one of the presents because then you have to open your book, choose the mount again (if you have more than one and it's not the first on the list) and then mount it again.

So it's either a glitch or poorly designed.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
althought it is no glitch everytime i see one i take off my mount